Is there someplace to select where the (real) phone part of the Storm selects its audio source?

When used alone, people I call don't hear me - except if I plug in my headphones (w/mic). This started prior to upgrading to 148, so I don't think its a OS thing.

It seems to be stuck in headphone mode. Any thoughts?
    06-03-09 10:53 AM
    Make a call to your voicemail, and hit the BB key while in the call. You should have the option to Activate Handset.

Otherwise, it would seem that you are stuck in headset mode. Only fix I've found for this so far is to plug and unplug the headset until it takes itself out of headset mode. Seems to get hung up at times.
    06-03-09 10:58 AM
    Interesting! That does indeed fix the problem for that call, but the next call goes right back to headphone.

I note there is a little icon on the top left just to the left of the call timer. It shows a little headphone until I do "Activate Handset". Something must be stuck...
    06-03-09 11:13 AM
    I would suggest a battery pull, and then the plug/unplug solution. For some reason, the device will sometimes hang on headset mode.
    06-03-09 11:18 AM
    Had this same exact problem just after upgrading the OS. Just received a replacement unit from VZW. Nothing could be done to get the handset audio working on a normal basis.
    06-03-09 11:33 AM
    I first noticed the problem Friday on a call to another cell phone, so I brushed it off as a bad cell connection. Did the OS upgrade and have done a couple battery pulls, no help.

I'm guessing the little sensor within the headphone jack isn't releasing signaling that the headphone isn't plugged in.

I do have the extended warantee, and pain-in-the-**** that it will be, unless the store has a magic fix, I guess I'll be doing a trade-in. Bummer.
    06-03-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD