I downloaded the .141 OS to my phone. After that, everytime I tried to make an outgoing call, the phone acted as though either it was on speakphone or it was on the earpiece. I would depress the Handset button on the screen with no avail. I can make calls out and I can receive calls but no one can hear me and I can't hear them.

Also, when I make calls, the headset icon shows up in the upper left corner.

I tried reverting to the .132 OS and that didn't help either.

Any ideas.
    05-08-09 08:29 AM
    update....i plug in some earphones into the jack on the side and now I can hear the call. I dont' have my headset w/ mic with me so I have to figure out how to get it out of that mode.
    05-08-09 08:32 AM
    It seems the phone has a hardware issue if it shows a headset is attached...when it isn't.

Since you've tried downgrading to a previous OS and that didn't work, it probably is a hardware issue.

Make sure the headphone jack doesn't have any debris in it.

Maybe try doing a wipe and then reinstalling an OS. I don't know if that will help but its worth a try.

You can do a search on crackberry to find a tutorial on how to wipe your phone.

Good luck.
    05-08-09 08:34 AM
    thanks. I tried the old-fashion method of blowing in it. Then took the headphone plug in and out of the jack a few times. The third call I tried worked.

If it does it again, I will probably do the wipe like you recommended.
    05-08-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD