I am using an unlocked 9500 (Vodafone) without a BlackBerry plan. I just upgraded the OS from 4.7.0.75 to 4.7.0.90 (yay!).

In either OS, I do not see the option to add a personal email in the Email Setup.

Any word on this?

Thanks.
    02-05-09 03:50 PM
    In the "Email Settings" application, just click the "Add New" button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 03:54 PM
    I am using an unlocked 9500 (Vodafone) without a BlackBerry plan. I just upgraded the OS from 4.7.0.75 to 4.7.0.90 (yay!).

In either OS, I do not see the option to add a personal email in the Email Setup.

Any word on this?

Thanks.
    Should work as long as your not on a BES
    02-05-09 03:54 PM
    Sorry guys, the only option that I see in the "Email Setup" is:

"I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Serve"

I'm still a getting to know my BB =)
    02-05-09 05:05 PM
    Just go to blackberry.com, set up an account, and add the new email there. I added all of my email accounts this way and not thru my device.
    02-05-09 05:12 PM
    I'm not sure if I could go to BB's website and add a new email there because I don't have a BB plan.

Any suggestions?
    02-06-09 04:32 AM
    I have the same problem as azmaverick. I have an 8320 but I don't have a BES and I have no option to add another email address... so I currently have no email at all on my BB.

This is my first BB and I just can;t work this out. I'm also in China mobile in Beijing, so local support is minimal/nonexistent.

Please help
    02-04-10 10:00 PM

Any word on this?

Thanks.
    Am I the only one that sees the word "without" in the OP?

No Blackberry plan, no email...
    02-04-10 10:37 PM
    Am I the only one that sees the word "without" in the OP?

No Blackberry plan, no email...
    Nope. I saw that too.
    02-05-10 08:53 AM
    I had the same problem when I first started using an unlocked storm. This has to do with the service book of your network provider. Just follow the instructions posted elsewhere regarding loading service book for different provider, then the BIS option will show up.
    Have fun with your storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 06:10 PM
    Again - the OP has not subscribed to BIS. He has no BB plan.
    02-05-10 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD