Any thoughts? I downloded Opera Mini 4.2 and disabled compatibility. When I click in the www. box the keyboard does not come up so I can type.
    12-29-08 11:05 AM
    Hit the BB button and hit "Show Keyboard".
    12-29-08 11:06 AM
    that works, but it sucks that the swipe gesture doesnt work in opera mini
    12-29-08 11:14 AM
    just remember, Opera Mini has not been optimized for the Storm yet.
    12-29-08 11:19 AM
    Well, I can put up with the awkwardness of inputting info on Opera Mini in exchange for browsing speeds lightyears ahead of the other internet browsers that come preloaded on the storm. Thanks for the info all!
    12-29-08 11:22 AM
    Just be aware that some web addresses can't be typed in with Opera Mini since the keyboard doesn't interact properly with the browser. Some letters will come up as numbers and I don't think you can intentionally put numbers into the web addresses...they only happen by accident when trying to put certain letters in. It may take awhile before you experience this. It took me a couple weeks and then I went insane trying to type in a certain web address. I was never able to do it.

Also, you will find that it's almost impossible to click on the right thing sometimes. For example, in forums if there are threads with multiple pages and you want to go to say page 4 out of 7. Good luck!

It is fast, very fast, but only good for basic browsing, in my experience. I hope they come up with a version that's actually for the Storm soon!
    12-29-08 12:38 PM
    Just be aware that some web addresses can't be typed in with Opera Mini since the keyboard doesn't interact properly with the browser. Some letters will come up as numbers and I don't think you can intentionally put numbers into the web addresses...they only happen by accident when trying to put certain letters in. It may take awhile before you experience this. It took me a couple weeks and then I went insane trying to type in a certain web address. I was never able to do it.

Also, you will find that it's almost impossible to click on the right thing sometimes. For example, in forums if there are threads with multiple pages and you want to go to say page 4 out of 7. Good luck!

It is fast, very fast, but only good for basic browsing, in my experience. I hope they come up with a version that's actually for the Storm soon!
    Yeah, the browser is meant for a phone with a standard numeric keypad. Not a full querty.
    12-29-08 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD