I bit the bullet and upgraded to .76 today since I already had the leaked .75 and it seems that the official .75 is no different...
    My email will not work since I updated to .76 - can someone help me? I have my email linked to hotmail via BIS. It worked fine with .65 and .75. It only stopped working when I updated. I tried putting in a second account for my yahoo account and it will not work either - when I go to email setup or try to do it through BIS via the browser it says processing, please wait for a while and then says it has encountered a problem with the server - try again. Problem is, it never works...
    So basically I can't get it to edit/communicate with my hotmail account nor can I get it to connect with my yahoo account to set up a new one. Again, this all occurred after upgrading to .76 from .75.
    If I have to resend the service books, how do I do that? I have searched and can't find that info. I tried deleting and undeleting the hotmail line from the advanced options/applications section, is that correct?
    Any info/feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    12-05-08 05:06 PM
    go to blackberry.com/go/vzw > login > service books > send service books, and you should be all good after that.
    12-05-08 05:08 PM
    or just do it from your phone..go to service books press the blackberry button and select resend (something like that)
    12-05-08 05:09 PM
    i think your talking about go into host routing table and click the blackberry button and register now. but im pretty sure that doesn't request the email service books, correct me if im wrong.
    12-05-08 05:11 PM
    I ran into the same problem. I actually just went into the "Setup" folder, clicked on email settings, and re-entered all my info again. Works no problem. Try that if service books doesn't work.
    12-05-08 05:11 PM
    go to blackberry.com/go/vzw > login > service books > send service books, and you should be all good after that.
    Thanks - I didn't even think of going to the websight on my desktop. I will do that.
    Odd thing is that even trying to confirm my hotmail account or set up a yahoo account through the BIS websight is not working.

I sent my service books from the BIS websight - we'll see what happens.
    (I got the message saying it was sent correctly).
    12-05-08 05:22 PM
    or just do it from your phone..go to service books press the blackberry button and select resend (something like that)
    Where do you find that? the only place I see the service books is under options>advanced options>applications. But I can never get it to show a resend option.
    12-05-08 05:24 PM
    I ran into the same problem. I actually just went into the "Setup" folder, clicked on email settings, and re-entered all my info again. Works no problem. Try that if service books doesn't work.
    I'll try again if things don't get straightened out after sending the service books, but it wasn't working when I tried before - kept getting the failure to communicate-type message.
    12-05-08 05:24 PM
    Where do you find that? the only place I see the service books is under options>advanced options>applications. But I can never get it to show a resend option.

The menu is not the same as other models.. I have not found on the device anywhere the words "resend service books" like seen on many previous ones.

The only thing I see is when you go to host routing table you can hit register now which I do believe sends all service books.. When My email wasn't working after update I did this and received a email almost instantly saying thank your for registering then I received another email that said congrats on setting up email blah blah from server activation you will start receiving new mails in 20 minutes...

which I believe is part of the books...

I don't want to confirm or deny whether it does send the email books because this is the first time I have ever really tried sending anything from the handheld itself..
    Last edited by noaim; 12-05-08 at 05:32 PM.
    12-05-08 05:30 PM
    The menu is not the same as other models.. I have not found on the device anywhere the words "resend service books" like seen on many previous ones.

The only thing I see is when you go to host routing table you can hit register now which I do believe sends all service books.. When My email wasn't working after update I did this and received a email almost instantly saying thank your for registering then I received another email that said congrats on setting up email blah blah from server activation you will start receiving new mails in 20 minutes...

which I believe is part of the books...
    Great. Thanks - good to know. Yes, that is the same message I got after resending the service books using the BIS websight.
    Still waiting....
    12-05-08 05:32 PM
    By any chance do you have a 1x or a 1XEV in the upper right hand on your screen? I'm just wondering if you have a data connection.
    If you just 1x or 1xev the small ev, try to dial *22899 and do a battery pull. That should bring back a data connection
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by david600rr; 12-05-08 at 05:42 PM.
    12-05-08 05:39 PM
    Thanks for all the help. It appears that resending the service books did the trick. I also was able to successfully add (then delete since I never actually use it) a yahoo email account, so all is working well.
    My edits through the BIS websight are now working also.

BIG THANKS!!!
    12-05-08 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD