OK guys (and gals) before you pull out your butane lighters and torches to flame me....

I just got back from my local verizon where i personally know and conversate with the reps there quite casually, and well...

the rep was telling me how the software guy had just came in the day before and was giving details on what all would be fixed in the next official update and all the reps could squeeze out of him about the release is that it was garen-damn-teed(promised) to be out withen the next two weeks. The rep also quoted the software guy from the day before saying "it will be like using a completelly different phone; as fast as the physical keyboard blackberries"

i deemed this information important and controversial enough to skip my next class and come and share this(what was to me very hopeful) news about our phones we all love and have been desperatly clinging on to for the past 4 months wishing and hoping for this glorious Official OS OTA update.

p.s.
    i also asked that even if i had .114 OS installed on my phone would i have to downgrade to .75 to be able to do the Official upgrade OTA and the rep said i would be ok and would not have to downgrade

on your marks... get set... flame away my fellow crackberrians
    Last edited by Danieljbrown32; 03-16-09 at 02:16 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    03-16-09 02:15 PM
    We'll just all have to wait and see.
    03-16-09 02:16 PM
    "as fast as a physical keyboard blackberry" will most certainly be interesting to see. If this storm would get an update that made it that fast it would be PERFECT!!!!! Here's hoping your right...
    03-16-09 02:18 PM
    ::ducking for cover::
    03-16-09 02:20 PM
    Believe it...... when we see it......
    actually that's pretty close to what I heard from the engineer I know as well, so here's to hoping...but I am still thinking in the back of my mind it is Verizon, so until I have it installed on my phone I'll still be skeptical! :P

But I am hoping, because this is what I'm pretty much hearing all around from the tech guys!
    That's some pretty cool news man.
    03-16-09 02:21 PM
    well none of the leaked OS's so far have had fast keyboards. or the hybrids. at least not as fast as a physical one. sooooooo i doubt it..
    03-16-09 02:23 PM
    well none of the leaked OS's so far have had fast keyboards. or the hybrids. at least not as fast as a physical one. sooooooo i doubt it..
    Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing... Hopefully they can at least fix the landscape/portrait thing where it seems to change on its own and also the camera lag and overall snapiness... These fixes alone would be great...
    03-16-09 02:25 PM
    i don't think the keyboard could ever be as fast as a physical keyboard. you are still bound by the rebound rate of the screen whereas whith a physical you could be hitting the next key (because they are seperate buttons) almost at the exact same time as the first key. you don't need to wait for the rebound of the button, unless of course your hitting the same key.
    03-16-09 02:27 PM
    but also you have to keep in mind that the LEAKed OS that we end users get our hands on are sometimes "outdated" compared to what RIM has their testers working with. but as you my friend i too am very skeptical of the statement "fast as a physical keyboard" as well.

but hey, its good to sit, wait, and hope for the best
    03-16-09 02:30 PM
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
    03-16-09 02:33 PM
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
    hahahahaha! this made my day.
    03-16-09 02:37 PM
    desk + calcs = covered in coffee from laughing
    LIAR.... (yea, that's kinda the CB way to respond & fit in :}
    well we've heard BGR's target date hint at the end of March, then some claiming inside info for mid-late April. so, I desperately want to beleive this news while I keep trying to be patient! I have a flame-retardent suit that you may want to borrow, when bigman get's his flamethrow back from the shop!
    03-16-09 02:44 PM
    I can hammer out an email faster on the storm than I could on my 8830.
    03-16-09 02:46 PM
    .13X has some much needed keyboard response rate fixes
    03-16-09 02:46 PM
    By it being as fast as fast as the physical keyboard blackberries, i think he meant its going to be as efficient as BBs such as the curve, bold etc. I dont think he meant typing is literally as fast as typing on a physical keyboard.
    03-16-09 02:48 PM
    .13X has some much needed keyboard response rate fixes
    I love/ hate when you do that.
    03-16-09 02:48 PM
    its okay. i take rainchecks
    03-16-09 02:49 PM
    By it being as fast as fast as the physical keyboard blackberries, i think he meant its going to be as efficient as BBs such as the curve, bold etc. I dont think he meant typing is literally as fast as typing on a physical keyboard.
    thats what i think the software guy was talking about also. not exactly the keyboard but more of the screen transitions etc.
    03-16-09 02:50 PM
    ROFL COPTERS. No flame from me! Just have to see I guess!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 02:52 PM
    Lets hope. I love the storm just the os sometimes can kill me.
    03-16-09 02:54 PM
    If what you say is true then I will be very pleased. No reason to flame, but we'll just have to wait and see. Hope it's legit!
    03-16-09 02:59 PM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD