I can't help but think that a simple OS change to make texting as easy and simple as possible would help RIM sell units, at least something that works as nice and is comparable to competitors...

Just my 2 cents
    sms IS easy and simple already! lol. Changing sms to make it "easy" (wow, ur kidding me, right?) is NOT gonna help RIM sell more units. Most ppl dont give a rats a$$ about threaded sms; they dont even know that it exists.

Texting is just texting to everyday ppl; its one of those things that need not be tampered with much. Just hit ur freakin Reply button and ur messages are threaded...it's as "easy" as that.
    07-23-09 11:00 PM
    For me threaded sms is just more convenient but I can deal with the current sms until it is changed. If not it is no big deal for me but I do feel they should make it an optional selection so people can use what they like to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 11:08 PM
    For me threaded sms is just more convenient but I can deal with the current sms until it is changed. If not it is no big deal for me but I do feel they should make it an optional selection so people can use what they like to use.

Maybe on other phones, but not a Blackberry in my opinion.
    07-23-09 11:26 PM
    You should use empower sms

07-23-09 11:53 PM
    I may be mistaken, but SMS while it is technically threaded, it doesn't do it very well. In that not all SMS messages from one contact will show up if you select a given message. What it does now, is it groups the messages by contact. For example, if I send you a new text and you reply and we chat back and forth, if I click on any of those messages in my inbox, I will see our conversation. However, if I send you a new message without replying to a message from our previous conversation they are no longer related. What the new threading SMS does is keep a running conversation just like BBM. It will allow you to select a contact and view all messages sent and received, where previously you just selected a message.

I think I am right with this, if not, someone please chime in about it.
    thank you i just needed someone to clear it up for me. and while i personally dont think there's that much of a difference i can see how other's would appreciate this
    07-24-09 04:33 AM
    heres my thing about complaining on forums, chill out. seriosuly yeah he could have searched but dang isn't a forum about helping others and asking question? Geez, if it bothers you why you even go to the dang post. Be nice and get off peoples back. its like almost on everyother post someone complaing at someone, ha maybe i'm just a hippy but can't we all just get along and speak nice things?
    07-24-09 06:45 AM
    Maybe on other phones, but not a Blackberry in my opinion.
    Was I not clear? Let me clarify, I don't really care whether they do put threaded SMS in or not, but if they make threaded SMS available then there should be an option for people to use what they like. So someone who likes threaded could use threaded sms and people like yourself could use the current style.
    07-24-09 09:57 AM
    Was I not clear? Let me clarify, I don't really care whether they do put threaded SMS in or not, but if they make threaded SMS available then there should be an option for people to use what they like. So someone who likes threaded could use threaded sms and people like yourself could use the current style.
    Was "I" not clear? Maybe that choice would be cool and a great suggestion on other phones, but not on Blackberries. Blackberries need not fall COMPLETELY into the "consumer" category. It's already gone far enough. Something like this would be a giant leap in that direction. Just my opinion...
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 07-24-09 at 10:37 AM.
    07-24-09 10:06 AM
    WOW! Issues! Someone missed the If/Than lecture in school.
    07-24-09 10:24 AM
    WOW! Issues! Someone missed the If/Than lecture in school.
    "I" have issues???

Maybe you missed the repetitive use of "in my opinion." I clearly said "in my opinion" in both posts. I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree with me...just stating "my opinion." Get over it. Good grief.
    07-24-09 10:40 AM

I was talking about the issues with YOUR caps LOCK on YOUR keyboard!

IF you use CAPS in sentences WHILE stating YOUR opinion people thing YOU are trying to IMPOSE your OPINION on them.

You are entitled to YOUR opinion that's why AMERICA is a GREAT place.
    07-24-09 11:32 AM
    Hah... this is true. Can never trust a girlfriend around the Berry. ****, I dont trust anyone except me around my Berry...
    Ha ha, same here. Not that I'd do anything bad...

07-24-09 11:36 AM
    Sorry just MY opinion
    07-24-09 11:56 AM

I was talking about the issues with YOUR caps LOCK on YOUR keyboard!

IF you use CAPS in sentences WHILE stating YOUR opinion people thing YOU are trying to IMPOSE your OPINION on them.

You are entitled to YOUR opinion that's why AMERICA is a GREAT place.
    Pretty lame argument man. lol. I used caps in one word so far. . (that word was COMPLETELY). And i didnt know caps were intended to "impose opinions," I've often seen it used to emphasize the importance of one word over the others in the same sentence. Atleast thats what I use it for when I feel that italics aren't good enough.

Apparently ur the one with caps lock issues...
    07-24-09 11:57 AM
    Why would I want a converstation in my phone that took place 4 months ago??? Thats a waste of my memory.
    So every four months rolls around, you delete your old SMS messages? Both threaded and non-threaded SMS keep your old messages. In threaded SMS such as iPhone, your four month old messages are at the top of the queue but the newest messages are at the bottom, so you only see your old messages if you want to see them.

The Blackberry only has threaded SMS for individual conversations, but when you exit back into the SMS home screen, each new message has its own listing, which is really cluttered if you SMS one person back and forth multiple times. Better just to have one big conversation that updates whenever that person SMS you. Helps cut down on clutter.
    07-24-09 03:16 PM
    So every four months rolls around, you delete your old SMS messages? Both threaded and non-threaded SMS keep your old messages. In threaded SMS such as iPhone, your four month old messages are at the top of the queue but the newest messages are at the bottom, so you only see your old messages if you want to see them.

The Blackberry only has threaded SMS for individual conversations, but when you exit back into the SMS home screen, each new message has its own listing, which is really cluttered if you SMS one person back and forth multiple times. Better just to have one big conversation that updates whenever that person SMS you. Helps cut down on clutter.
    Mine is set to delete anything thats there for 30 days, so (in my case) I never keep anything stored for 4 months. Whatever floats ppl's boats I guess.
    07-24-09 05:56 PM
    call me a dumb *** but WTF is the big deal over threaded SMS
    07-24-09 06:51 PM
    call me a dumb *** but WTF is the big deal over threaded SMS
    ha ur not dumb, some people love it some dont get it, me personally i love it, threaded sms is like having a instant message conversation where every thing you say and replied is together sorta like when youron aim or whatever except it like that with your text and people like it because well one, its like BBM for everyone person where eu can push enter to send messages and two bc if ur like me and forget what u said you dont have to go through prev messages and then come back to compose a new message, its just more convenient to scroll up to what was said. those are just my reasons for liking it. plus bbm is awesome and youll have their contact picture next to all of their messages and **** like that. but like i said some can do with out it or theres people like us who have paid 15 dollars just to use a sucky 3rd party app to achieve it.
    07-25-09 06:22 AM
    umm so i just got .230 for my storm and i liked the smiley face things cuz i dont have to do as much work but god dang it i HATE the sms threading. you have to scrolll through conversations just to find the newest reply i dont know if its because of the keyboard blocking or because it is a stupid software thing, but i want to turn it off, gosh i hope theres a way to turn it off , anyone have any answers?
    10-08-09 01:35 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD