Hi,
    I am in Ireland and am new to the storm, I goit mine about 3 days ago and to say I am disapointed is an understatement, the keybord was delinitely made for someone with Elf's fingers, I have yet to type one word correctly, a 2 second SMS now takes minutes, I have searched for these answers and even rang Vodafone Ireland on one of them and they told me to read the user guide supplied with the phone !!!

1) when I eventually manage to send an SMS I get a copy of my message in my inbox WHY???, how do I stop this happening?

2), if I receive a text the noise made by the blackberry does not get my attention, how can I change the incoming SMS sound

3) How do I copy my contacts from my SIM to contacts on the blackberry?

4) Have installed the software on my desktop and tried to sync, it keeps offering to sync with an ASCII program on my laptop, what is this? is it ok to sync with it?

5) I have my own wallpaper on the storm but it only covers half of the screen how to I get it to fit correctly?

6) there is no radio on the storm, if I surf to an online radio station and listen to it, will this eat into my monthly Vodafone 1 gig allowance?

7) If I connect to my slingbox and watch it on the storm is this going to really up my monthly 1 gig allownace.

Any help and advise greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Noel
    12-16-08 02:30 PM
    ok, fine, I'll give some of these a go tho most can be found from tinkering around on the phone a bit.

1. go to options in SMS and turn off sent messages in messages folders

2. go to sounds profile icon and select a louder profile sound or you can scroll down and select a louder setting to your liking.

3. go to you local store and ask then to transfer the contacts for you, this is the easiest way.

4. Configure you sync settings before you sync. if you are using a pc you can choose from a list of programs to sync contacts, calendar, etc... with. Hit sync from the main menu and then configuration on the left.

5. make or dload a wallpaper with settings no less than the size of the screen (duh!( 360x480)

6. & 7. Call vodofone and ask them. only your carrier or other vodofone users can answer this question.

Good luck. Seems you may want to be a bit ore vigilant on your end to get some of these things figured out.
    12-16-08 03:05 PM
    re: #6 & 7. In a word, yes. Data is data. Whether it be email, news feeds, web browsing, web radio or slingbox.

I'm not on Voda (VZW here in the USA), but I can't imagine a scenario where those wouldn't count towards your data tariff.

Like Rooster said, call Voda and ask, but fully expect the answer to be yes.
    12-16-08 03:10 PM
    Thanks guys for all you help and quick reply, most of them are working now, and now seem obvious D'OH!! (Homer Simpson)
    Thanks again,
    Noel
    12-16-08 04:35 PM
    I assume your Voda Storm is similar so try Online Learning Center - Landing. I sent a buddy new to Blackberry's to this site as he was driving me nuts (JK). Might be helpful.
    12-16-08 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD