How do I put the speed dials on the home screen of my Storm
    thanks
    02-16-09 09:29 AM
    Because the Storm does not have a physical keyboard, you cannot just speed dial from the home screen.

There are other solutions though. You can set up the green phone key so that when you press it it can come up as the call log, contacts, or dial pad. (if you hold it for a second, contact book will come up automaticly). You can create speed dials from the dial pad.

You can use the Quick Launch app to create a shortcut to any phone number.

You can use am app like Phoneface or others that you can quickly call, text, or email any contact.

There are a few other apps like this, but these are the ones I have and use.

* I have the green phone key set to bring up my call log, and from there I just highlight the person I want to call then press the green phone key again to make the call. This is what I do most of the time, because the people I call most are always in my call log* - but I do use the other apps mentioned above also.

Hope this helps. I know everybody uses their phones differently.
    02-16-09 10:11 AM

* I have the green phone key set to bring up my call log, and from there I just highlight the person I want to call then press the green phone key again to make the call. This is what I do most of the time, because the people I call most are always in my call log* - but I do use the other apps mentioned above also.
    This is what I do and I have very, very rarely felt any need for Speed Dial.

I also use QL to access a couple of numbers, but 99% of the time I just use the call log.
    02-16-09 10:30 AM
    Download FaceCall..Its free and doesnt lag the OS..very good app, I set it as the right convenience key and bamm...quick speed dials ot texts
    02-16-09 12:10 PM
    Btw..heres a link for it if your interested

http://www.bigtincan.com/misc/FaceCall.jad
    02-16-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD