I noticed my storm running slower than normal recently and checked my application memory. It says free space is 11.4mb. How do I increase this? I hold my bb button and it says only my browser, phone, home and bb messenger are running. All input is appreciated. btw- i did try to search with out any luck.

Thanks in advance.
    01-12-09 12:26 PM
    battery pull and let the phone reboot you should have more your phone is going to go up and down in memory but it shouldnt be that low but a battery pull should fix it try that also did you delete vz nav? and what 3rd party apps do you have on your phone?
    01-12-09 12:34 PM
    01-12-09 12:40 PM
    Hi, Brand new to BB and I could use some help. I love all the useful info on this site. I am having problem with my video player, when I play the videos that came with my Storm everything is fine, but if try to go to Utube and watch a video the screen goes black? Sometimes I have sound but still no picture? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
    01-12-09 12:56 PM
    Oh and I forgot...I have the Storm.

Thank you
    01-12-09 12:57 PM
    I have vz navigation on it but I pay for that. I did the battery pull and it went to 38mb. Thank you!
    01-12-09 02:25 PM
    You can also Enable your Memory Cleaner (do a search on that for more info) by going to options>security options>memory cleaner. It will keep your memory higher.

Grey
    01-12-09 02:30 PM
    Another thing to remember is to close out of applications the correct way. Some applications will be "moved" to the background if you hit the escape key. While in (most) apps, you can hit menu and find the "close" option. This will completely close the program, freeing up memory.
    01-12-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD