Hello all,

First let me say this is an awesome site.

Just a couple days ago I got a BB9530 for my b/day. I found this site and while going through it I came across this thread 'how-change-my-dispalayed-phone-number-storm-205547.' I followed the instructions and it worked. BUT.... now my phone wont make any calls. I keep getting a busy tone. I've tried calling my phone to see if it will pick up calls but nope.

I'm using a Verizon unlocked phone. Smart me did not take down the old number in case it didn't work. Could the problems associated with my phone could be that I haven't 'registered' it on the BB network here? I've been using as a prepaid customer. Or is there a way I can set it back to the old Verizon number?

Thank you so much.
    06-23-11 12:20 PM
    Anyone please?
    06-24-11 07:04 AM
    A few questions for clarification:

1 Did the phone work before you changed the number?
    2 On what carrier are you using the phone?
    3 If you are not using the phone on Verizon, and your carrier is GSM rather than CMDA have you gone into Options>Mobile Network and clicked on Network Technology and made sure it is set to GSM/UMTS?
    4 Do you have a data plan with your carrier?
    06-24-11 03:11 PM
    Did you try a battery pull ?
    06-24-11 03:28 PM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your replies. I was so worried I had messed up the phone for good.

Kevin, a battery pull was one of the first things I did but that didn't work.

Fortunately, it turns out it was on the wrong setting...well wrong for here I guess. I needed to change it to GSM/UMTS, that DMJ told me. When I was playing around, searching for the reason, I came across this and thought, nah I'm not going to change anything else and mess things up further. I decided to take phone into one of the service providers here and see if a technician could help and also register for the BB service. The sales assistant just went into the phone, made the change and voila. When I asked her what she did, she told me she changed these settings. This has shown me I really need to learn more about this phone LOL

Thanks again
    06-27-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD