I just got a storm 9530 from my friend. He had it unlocked for T-Mobile. I am also T-Mobile and want to be able to load up my email, PIN etc. What do I need to do in order to clear out his info and get my accounts on here? I put my SIM card in and couldn't connect to the internet.

Thanks in Advance
    R.
    12-03-09 08:27 AM
    I would do a wipe and reinstall the OS. You can't load your Pin to the phone. It is tied to the actual phone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 08:37 AM
    I would do a wipe and reinstall the OS. You can't load your Pin to the phone. It is tied to the actual phone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok. So how do I do this wipe and then which OS do I reinstall. Then I have to use the pin on the inside of the phone?
    12-03-09 08:40 AM
    Have your friend call Tmo and have the PIN released, THEN follow the proceedures listed in the How to Get Data Working on Tmobile thread in the Tips, How To & FAQ section of the Storm Forums.

I've adjusted the title also.
    12-03-09 08:47 AM
    Have your friend call Tmo and have the PIN released, THEN follow the proceedures listed in the How to Get Data Working on Tmobile thread in the Tips, How To & FAQ section of the Storm Forums.

I've adjusted the title also.
    Thanks for the help. I have gotten almost everything set up. One other question: when i get an email (phone vibrates) and then when i take it out of the holster it auto opens the email that i received. is there a way to turn this feature off?

Thanks in advance
    R.
    12-03-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD