As the title says. Check it out and post your thoughts here.

http://crackberry.com/video-os-4-7-0...ackberry-storm
    11-30-08 12:30 PM
    Check out the vid. Kevin did a great job. Thanks Kev.
    11-30-08 12:31 PM
    Very nice. That Storm is running just as smoothly as mine. Its funny though cause Kevin didn't get his for a few hours after it was put out.. and he said he was going crazy to get home and get it. lol
    11-30-08 12:36 PM
    seems like my transition from landscape to portrait is noticeably slower than that phone.
    11-30-08 12:40 PM
    Wow nice i like it. Now i'm really debating should I go ahead with the update or wait? I haven't had any problems with my phone but it isn't as fast as that though...
    11-30-08 12:41 PM
    seems like my transition from landscape to portrait is noticeably slower than that phone.
    It's totally device specific. But this OS is definitely an improvement over .65.
    11-30-08 12:42 PM
    why doesnt mine act that fast..... also when i slide my finger over the the different apps and what not they dont highlight like that the only one that highlights is the first one i touch how do i change this
    11-30-08 12:44 PM
    Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Mines doesn't follow my finger over the applications either?
    11-30-08 12:45 PM
    Same here. Wondering why on Kevin's phone the highlight follows his finger on the home screen. I updated to .75 and mine still sticks on the first application your finger touches... Something funny is going on here.
    11-30-08 12:48 PM
    you have to hide enough of your icons on your menu so that it cannot scroll, then you will be able to have the highlight follow your finger
    11-30-08 12:49 PM
    the one on the blackberry commercial follows his finger too
    11-30-08 12:50 PM
    yep hide or move applications until no scroll . . then it will follow your finger. Mine is that speed now on.65 . . . wonder if it will get better or I am maxed out.
    11-30-08 12:53 PM
    you have to hide enough of your icons on your menu so that it cannot scroll, then you will be able to have the highlight follow your finger
    then why would it not do that on the homescreen when i only have 4 apps showing there
    11-30-08 12:54 PM
    Hey Guys,

There's a secret to that - you need to remove some of your icons so only 16 or less are showing when you enter the full homescreen.

Reason? If there's more than 16...than the device is taking your finger's input to scroll down to see more icons. If 16 or less or showing, then no scrolling is required so it the icons track with your finger movement.

Would be nice if it could track and scroll at the same time though. Maybe in a future OS update??
    11-30-08 12:54 PM
    i'm trying to figure out which icons to get rid of
    11-30-08 12:57 PM
    then why would it not do that on the homescreen when i only have 4 apps showing there
    I have never seen it work on the homescreen that has the wallpaper...only on the main menu, as in kevins video

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 12:57 PM
    Hey Guys,

There's a secret to that - you need to remove some of your icons so only 16 or less are showing when you enter the full homescreen.

Reason? If there's more than 16...than the device is taking your finger's input to scroll down to see more icons. If 16 or less or showing, then no scrolling is required so it the icons track with your finger movement.

Would be nice if it could track and scroll at the same time though. Maybe in a future OS update??
    I have pondered the possibility of track and scroll simultaneously, but can only think of a couple feasible methods. One, have two different swipe speeds, one for the highlight and one for the scroll (don't know which should be faster). second idea is no vertical highlight following, but allow it on the horizontal direction...either way it is possible, hmmm
    11-30-08 01:00 PM
    is there any specific setting to optimize performance. i have taken off un used apps like vz nav and vv, but is there ways to turn off the fade in and out transitions and/or other ways to make mine faster
    11-30-08 01:02 PM
    i'm trying to figure out which icons to get rid of
    A good way, which i use, is create different folders, that way you dont have to hide anything, but can still reduce icons on your home screen. for example i have a 'utilities' folder, which has things like lock, manage connections, sounds, search, power off, etc...you can also create an 'unused' folder, put all your unused icons in there, and hide that folder...You can easily reduce icons with some good ol' file management! have fun sweeping your finger across
    11-30-08 01:03 PM
    yeah, i just created a folder for email and IMs
    11-30-08 01:05 PM
    is there any specific setting to optimize performance. i have taken off un used apps like vz nav and vv, but is there ways to turn off the fade in and out transitions and/or other ways to make mine faster
    Not really. There more you remove obviously increases the available memory, and allows the device to run a little quicker. But it's mainly up to the SW. Theres a pretty good difference between .65 and .75.
    11-30-08 01:08 PM
    what's SW stand for?
    11-30-08 01:09 PM
    too bad the accelerometer isnt connected to the street view in the google app
    11-30-08 01:17 PM
    what's SW stand for?
    Software....
    11-30-08 01:18 PM
    o ok. i have tons of stuff like that in my brain and couldnt for the life of me think of what it stood for
    11-30-08 01:19 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD