I have the second generation case, and decided to go back to the first because the newer version doesn't protect against dust that well. I work in construction and am always dealing with dust, so the first generation works better in that regard. I just deal with the typing issues. The second generation is definitely better for typing.
    07-26-09 11:57 AM
    Just got my replacement one. I really like it.
    07-28-09 01:34 PM
    my replacement (new revision) is out for delivery now...cant wait!!!
    07-28-09 01:39 PM
    i just wish it was waterproof....other than that it's the perfect rugged case...
    07-28-09 03:57 PM
    i just wish it was waterproof....other than that it's the perfect rugged case...
    That would be nice, but the way the screen cover sits on there, while it's not waterproof, it's pretty resistant. I doubt it would save you from falling in a pool, but it's great in a light rain.
    07-28-09 04:07 PM
    i'm having issues with screen clarity now after having used the "body oil" technique to rid the screen of the bubbles. what type of cleaning agent can be used on the screen since i know it's quite sensitive?
    07-28-09 04:39 PM
    I use windex and no problem with my phone. I just put alittle on cloth and wipe
    07-29-09 01:51 AM
    Windex for me too. Sprayed onto the paper towel...not onto the phone.
    07-29-09 07:53 AM
    A second way to control the "bubbles" is to disassemble the Otterbox, clean the screen on the Storm and clean the inside of the plastic screen protector on the Otterbox. Then run the Storm screen across your cheek to pick up some body oil and reassemble. I had to do this twice to get it to work right but it avoided the use of powder and it has been working since March.
    my 4 hard keys (answer, BB, escape, end/power) are not 100% flush with the bottom of the phone and stick up a bit. this causes the otter screen to want to "stick" to the Storm screen in the middle, but the edges appear to have no contact. anyone else seeing this? does powder/oil trick(s) fix this too?
    07-29-09 08:27 AM
    I ordered mine last week... Best protection ever for the storm
    07-29-09 08:32 AM
    Very satisfied so far with it.
    07-29-09 08:42 AM
    my 4 hard keys (answer, BB, escape, end/power) are not 100% flush with the bottom of the phone and stick up a bit. this causes the otter screen to want to "stick" to the Storm screen in the middle, but the edges appear to have no contact. anyone else seeing this? does powder/oil trick(s) fix this too?
    For the most part, yes. A little oil from your finger on the inside of the OB screen usually works. Never tried the powder, but heard good things about it.
    07-29-09 08:52 AM
    way too bulky for me..but offers good protection with the exception the screen cover does not cover completely at the sides.
    07-29-09 09:18 AM
    There's a different Otterbox coming out. It's less bulky and costs about fifteen bucks less.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...er-case-281369
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PhatTimmy; 07-31-09 at 07:50 PM.
    07-29-09 10:04 AM
    tried the power and it works pretty good.

if they 4 hard keys were perfectly flush, then the powder trick would work flawless. mine are raised up a little and i can't get them to sink down flush
    07-29-09 11:06 PM
    Does the holder fit on your sam brown? I've been looking for a case that I can wear on mine.
    If you get the heavy duty holder it will.. That is what it was designed for. I ordered one without really researching it and found that it was to big for my normal belts. Also ordered the neat little USB desktop charger but it's to much of a problem to take it in and out of the Otter so I need to see about sending those back for refunds.
    07-30-09 01:51 AM
    Is anyone having issues with the screen protector and bubbles or water marking? If so what fix did you use?
    Pulled mine off and just put on one that adhered directly to the screen. Works a lot better for me, and since it was not sealed all the way around it probably would not keep dust out that great (the original screen protector that was on mine that is).
    07-30-09 01:55 AM
    If you have a new revision Otter Box for Storm, how do you like it? Are the issues with the typing fixed? Opinions? Thanks!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/my...9530-a-312970/
    09-11-09 12:02 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD