If you have a new revision Otter Box for Storm, how do you like it? Are the issues with the typing fixed? Opinions? Thanks!
    07-21-09 04:43 PM
    Well I have had the otter box case for a couple of weeks now and love the protection it provides. I drop mines 2 times on concrete and no scratches at all and working fine to. For typing have no issue so far smooth typing for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 04:56 PM
    mine works great and i actually tripped and fell right on my phone and there was no damage.
    07-21-09 06:10 PM
    I ordered the Otterbox back in January when I first purchased the Storm. I fell in love with the case, but soon found it crippled the touch screen, especially the bottom row of the keyboard in landscape mode. I soon became so frustrated I removed the Otterbox and sent it back.

Last week when I was in the Verizon Wireless store getting a Storm warranty replacement I saw they were selling the newer Otterbox for the Storm. I tried it out in the store and wow what a difference. I was able to use the entire touch screen with no problems. I am now 2 weeks into using the case and have not had any problems. In fact I feel the Storm is now easier to use as it fits better in my hands.

I highly recommend the Otterbox for the Storm, just make sure you get the newer revision of the case. I am anxious to see if it stands up the abuse it will recieve with me being a police officer.
    07-21-09 06:45 PM
    Is there a way to tell the difference between the two revisions? Is the newer one labeled as new revision?
    07-21-09 07:20 PM
    I highly recommend the Otterbox for the Storm, just make sure you get the newer revision of the case. I am anxious to see if it stands up the abuse it will recieve with me being a police officer.
    Does the holder fit on your sam brown? I've been looking for a case that I can wear on mine.
    07-21-09 09:55 PM
    i just went to verizonwireless.com and in my area they have the part number listed as:

Part# RIMSTORMWCAS

can anyone with the New Otterbox confirm that this is their part number?
    07-21-09 10:24 PM
    I ordered the Otterbox back in January when I first purchased the Storm. I fell in love with the case, but soon found it crippled the touch screen, especially the bottom row of the keyboard in landscape mode. I soon became so frustrated I removed the Otterbox and sent it back.

Last week when I was in the Verizon Wireless store getting a Storm warranty replacement I saw they were selling the newer Otterbox for the Storm. I tried it out in the store and wow what a difference. I was able to use the entire touch screen with no problems. I am now 2 weeks into using the case and have not had any problems. In fact I feel the Storm is now easier to use as it fits better in my hands.

i hope u didnt buy it...
    if you did take it back...
    call otterbox and they will send you a new version!
    07-21-09 11:23 PM
    Is there a way to tell the difference between the two revisions? Is the newer one labeled as new revision?
    the old versions screen protector is adhered to the case on all four sides...
    the new version it is adhered on top and bottom only!
    07-21-09 11:25 PM
    Just got my otterbox two days ago, I have to say the case is 99% functional, see when i am using opera mini and i am on the mobile facebook site in portrait mode (or maybe its when i am in landscape...) it is near impossible to hit the home button in the corner, either way i just rotate the screen and hit the home button. Its only a minor annoyance and i know that its probably patially opera's fault, the buttons are already difficult to hit... but as for typing i have been able to hit every key in both landscape and portrait with no issues.

07-21-09 11:31 PM
    Does the holder fit on your sam brown? I've been looking for a case that I can wear on mine.
    Out of the box it does not. You have to order the Heavy Duty Belt Clip form Otterbox. It is an additional $14.95. I have not ordered one yet, but will be soon.
    07-22-09 06:17 AM
    I got mine direct from otterbox and it came with the belt clip.

Had it for three months and love it!

07-22-09 07:05 AM
    I had an old one and had the same issues as everyone else. I sent Otterbox an email voicing my problems and they said they had fixed the problem and sent me the new one no questions asked. I have to say they did fix all the problems. The new one is nice. After they said they had a new one I got online and tried to find differences. I couldn't find a difference in the numbers. Customer service is great though. If you do buy one and it is the old model just send an email or call Otterbox and you shouldn't have a problem getting the new one.
    07-22-09 07:33 AM
    Is anyone having issues with the screen protector and bubbles or water marking? If so what fix did you use?
    07-22-09 09:31 AM
    bump for question above ...
    07-22-09 12:34 PM
    I just got a Storm today and with my order I got a Otter as well, It is a newer version and I love it! As said above I find it fits my hands better and easier to type in the box.

+++ For the Otter

Zach
    07-22-09 03:34 PM
    Is anyone having issues with the screen protector and bubbles or water marking? If so what fix did you use?
    I also have a little bit of bubbling, but it has not interfered with the viewing or usability of the screen. In fact I only notice it when the screen is turned off.
    07-22-09 08:24 PM
    It is great.

There is the "bubbling" issue but that is due to the plastic screen protector not being affixed to the case all of the way around the screen. This is what fixed the typing issue. They also placed a more gently sloped sides going down towards the screen and this also helps with the typing.

Other than that, it is still durable as all **** and I really like it.
    07-22-09 08:27 PM

do you have pics?
    07-22-09 08:31 PM
    Well I had one of the first otters and got it from the crackberry store. I LOVED the case part and the overall construction of the product. I work in the fire rescue service. I am not a small person and had the problems of the keyboard not working around the edges. I sent mine back to crackberry and got a new one from the otterbox store. I must say the only thing I am happy with on the new one is the complete keyboard working, I DO NOT like the rest of the design. First off the plastic screen protec. is seperating from the top, I have reglued it back in twice now, Also the rubber caseing is not anywhere close to the first. The edges where it connects to the holding points are thin and always comeing undone, the rubber does not meet the top of the case around the edge and the charging port cover is already starting to tear..not the same quality as before. I think that I baby it more now than when it was naked. If I was already not out the return shipping on two i would send this one back for a refund. Love the idea, loved the first one all but the keyboard...hate the new one for everything but the keyboard. Just my 2 cents worth.
    07-22-09 08:36 PM
    I had the original Otterbox, and now the replacement Otterbox. The replacement was very nice & functional..... UNTIL the frame around the clear screen protector started to crack along the left & right side only when phone is vertical. These cracks do not go to a corner. Some start & end without going to an edge or corner. Some go to the screen protector. BOTH Otterboxes have never been dropped, and show no signs of damage. The cracks on both phone cases are very similar in location and style.

On top of that, the charger cover peeled off one of the phone covers, and the white filters that cover the speakers diminish the loudness of the sound by a guesstimate of 25%

I'm waiting to see how this is addressed by Otterbox.

As far as the screen bubble issues... A solution is real simple. Take the Otterbox top cover off. Take a bottle of baby powder and shake it. Turn to open up the baby powder lid, and hold the screen protector about 8" above the bottle with the bottom side of the screen facing the bottle. Give a gentle squeeze of the bottle to puff out a very fine dust of powder into the air. Don't get too much on it, or you will see it on the screen. Just a light puff... you should not see it on the screen. Reassemble. The fine particles of powder that you can't see will keep a very small separation from the BB and the Otterbox, which wil prevent the bubbles.

Too much powder will result in seeing it on the screen... and you will "hear" the powder when you type. Just enough powder will result in a silent screen and no visual issues.

Search youtube for "Otterbox screen tip and trick"
    or go to youtube.com/watch?v=Im7vvblnzoY
    07-24-09 10:01 AM
    i just went to verizonwireless.com and in my area they have the part number listed as:

Part# RIMSTORMWCAS

can anyone with the New Otterbox confirm that this is their part number?
    I just bought mine at verizon, where I purchased my my storm and RIMSTORMWCAS IS the new updated otter box part number. Works great, except the bubbles - I'm searching this very thread at the moment of a remedy. I think it involves baby power between the membrane and your BB screen.
    07-25-09 01:04 PM
    A second way to control the "bubbles" is to disassemble the Otterbox, clean the screen on the Storm and clean the inside of the plastic screen protector on the Otterbox. Then run the Storm screen across your cheek to pick up some body oil and reassemble. I had to do this twice to get it to work right but it avoided the use of powder and it has been working since March.
    07-25-09 01:15 PM
    I had the original Otterbox, and now the replacement Otterbox. The replacement was very nice & functional..... UNTIL the frame around the clear screen protector started to crack along the left & right side only when phone is vertical. These cracks do not go to a corner. Some start & end without going to an edge or corner. Some go to the screen protector. BOTH Otterboxes have never been dropped, and show no signs of damage. The cracks on both phone cases are very similar in location and style.

On top of that, the charger cover peeled off one of the phone covers, and the white filters that cover the speakers diminish the loudness of the sound by a guesstimate of 25%

I'm waiting to see how this is addressed by Otterbox.

As far as the screen bubble issues... A solution is real simple. Take the Otterbox top cover off. Take a bottle of baby powder and shake it. Turn to open up the baby powder lid, and hold the screen protector about 8" above the bottle with the bottom side of the screen facing the bottle. Give a gentle squeeze of the bottle to puff out a very fine dust of powder into the air. Don't get too much on it, or you will see it on the screen. Just a light puff... you should not see it on the screen. Reassemble. The fine particles of powder that you can't see will keep a very small separation from the BB and the Otterbox, which wil prevent the bubbles.

Too much powder will result in seeing it on the screen... and you will "hear" the powder when you type. Just enough powder will result in a silent screen and no visual issues.

Search youtube for "Otterbox screen tip and trick"
    or go to youtube.com/watch?v=Im7vvblnzoY
    To my above post this works like a charm. I did check out the youtube vid and yes it does take a couple tries but it makes it perfect!

Thanks everyone!
    07-25-09 02:12 PM
    UPDATE:
    Otterbox is replacing both of my generation 2 BB Storm case with 2 other new ones... no questions asked. Evidently, the cracking of the edges near the screen is a known issue?
    07-26-09 10:41 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD