Okay, so I'm a new user on a blackberry Storm. I have figured a lot out on my own, using this site, but have a few questions and I am getting super confused with all these links and topics.

So here are my questions, Please help me out.

1. Is there anywhere I can download movies to put on my storm, free and pay for? (If not, what do I have to buy to do it? The easiest thing)

2. How do I go about putting music from my computer (itunes, saved music) onto my Storm?

3. Are there any photo saving/editing programs I can download for free?

Any other awesome programs you want to tell me about would be appreciated.

Only had my phone 2 days and am addicted already.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    04-13-09 01:47 PM
    ...YES, to all of these.

I have found that the easiest way to dl music, pics and video is to go directly to the media card.

As for movies there is a thread that is great and gives wonderful directions on how to do this. If I see it I will post the link.

You may get flamed for asking these questions so ignore them. You can try searching and you will find so many answers and a lot more.

Here is a link to the DVD to Storm walk through, and it is easy to follow:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/dv...ctures-107961/

Here is a link to a thread that is very useful for many tricks and tips:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/pk...thread-181283/

Here is a link that might help with the music question, I do not use iTunes so I have not had to go through it:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up

Edit* feel free to PM me for PIN and I will help with these things if I can.

Don't be afraid to ask either, there are too many threads here to search for every thing you want to know, sometimes it is faster to just ask. Also, check out the sub forums, specifically the 3rd party apps and the tips and tricks. They are full of great info that you'll want as you enjoy your Storm.
    Last edited by madphone; 04-13-09 at 02:05 PM.
    04-13-09 01:53 PM
    1. dunno, don't watch video/movies on Storm.
    2. MediaSync..
    3. no picture editing software...
    04-13-09 01:54 PM
    Okay, so I'm a new user on a blackberry Storm. I have figured a lot out on my own, using this site, but have a few questions and I am getting super confused with all these links and topics.

So here are my questions, Please help me out.

1. Is there anywhere I can download movies to put on my storm, free and pay for? (If not, what do I have to buy to do it? The easiest thing)

2. How do I go about putting music from my computer (itunes, saved music) onto my Storm?

3. Are there any photo saving/editing programs I can download for free?

Any other awesome programs you want to tell me about would be appreciated.

Only had my phone 2 days and am addicted already.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    1. I don't know of any sites where you can download movies directly to you Storm, but there are a few different ways to convert movies to Storm format and save to SD card. Since you are a newbie I would recommend DVD Catalyst 3 because it is 1 complete program and it is very easy, but it costs around $20. It's what I use. The other ways are difficult to explain and reqire a few different steps, but they are free.

2. To store pics go to <Options><Memory><Enable mass storage mode> and then plug your Storm into your computer using USB data cable and open folders then you can copy/paste pics, music, videos or use your Storm like a flash drive for any file you want.

As for the picture editing I'm not sure because I don't use mine for that.

Hope this helps you!
    04-13-09 02:00 PM
    Thanks. The Catalyst 3 is working awesome.
    04-13-09 09:14 PM
    awesome, welcome to crackberry!
    04-13-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD