Hi all, new to BB wife and I both got Storms about a week ago, alot different than my old Samsung flip phone. I have already learned alot from you people just reading these forums. There is one question that I haven't seen an answer to. (may be there I just can't find it)

Does anyone know if there is a topo map feature available? I've seen several 3rd party apps for street maps, but am unsure which, if any, provide topo. Many of the places I go don't have streets or even roads, just 4x4 and hiking trails. If there is a decent topo map for this thing I can leave my Garmin at home.

Thanks!

JPD217
    03-08-09 10:07 AM
    Well there is a "Storm" version of the Garmin software that uses the device GPS - I don't know what it's like for off-road stuff though so maybe take a look at the Garmin site.

Other than that possibility, I've not heard of an application that'll do this - AS YET It's still a young device and I'm sure we'll have something like it some day.

Happy Hiking!
    03-08-09 10:31 AM
    You can try google maps and use the satellite view. The newest version supports the internal gps too. Only problem is you really don't know how old some of the pictures are.
    03-08-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD