I just ordered my replacement phone and was wondering does it come with the current update on it?
    12-12-08 11:15 AM
    I ordered my replacement phone on 12/4. I received it on 12/10 and it had a born date of 12/2/08 and it came with .65 OS.
    12-12-08 11:16 AM
    I ordered my replacement phone on 12/4. I received it on 12/10 and it had a born date of 12/2/08 and it came with .65 OS.
    mine too .65
    12-12-08 11:17 AM
    mine came with .75 in a plain brown box.....no battery, no accessories just the phone and a back door
    12-12-08 11:21 AM
    ordered 12/10 received 12/11
    12-12-08 11:22 AM
    mine just got delivered to me yesterday and i ordered it late last week and it was just the phone, no battery with .65 preloaded on there but the screen clicking is much better
    12-12-08 11:24 AM
    I ordered my on Wed the 12/10/2008 in the verizon store and haven't heard anything yet.
    12-12-08 11:26 AM
    Which orders are faster online or in the store??
    12-12-08 11:30 AM
    Just got mine yesterday loaded with .65
    12-12-08 11:31 AM
    Nope, .65 .............................
    12-12-08 11:32 AM
    those of you who got just the phone with no batteries or any other accessories etc. those are refurbished units. I know because I got one just like it, I inquired about it and a rep over the phone said that if you spoke to technical support and they ordered you a phone, it will be a refurbished unit. If you order from a customer service rep, you would get a brand new phone which won't be shipped until 12/17-19. Look inside your box, you will see the letters "FBRBB9530" which means refurbished. Mine was ordered on Friday, I got it on Tuesday, and you know they don't have any "brand new" phones available so I thought that was pretty quick turnaround if everywhere else is "sold out" to which is why I inquired in the first place, plus mine didn't have any protective film on it except on the battery door. My software was .65 also. Mine works fine, but I was told I would receive a brand new phone, just ticked that it wasn't the case.
    12-12-08 11:34 AM
    mine was .65, just got it 2 days ago
    I received mine yesterday-

It's still the old OS.

Bah.
    those of you who got just the phone with no batteries or any other accessories etc. those are refurbished units. I know because I got one just like it, I inquired about it and a rep over the phone said that if you spoke to technical support and they ordered you a phone, it will be a refurbished unit. If you order from a customer service rep, you would get a brand new phone which won't be shipped until 12/17-19. Look inside your box, you will see the letters "FBRBB9530" which means refurbished. Mine was ordered on Friday, I got it on Tuesday, and you know they don't have any "brand new" phones available so I thought that was pretty quick turnaround if everywhere else is "sold out" to which is why I inquired in the first place, plus mine didn't have any protective film on it except on the battery door. My software was .65 also. Mine works fine, but I was told I would receive a brand new phone, just ticked that it wasn't the case.

I would rather have one of these! There are less problems with these, because they are checked by RIM and certified!
    12-12-08 11:42 AM
    That seems crazy that mine was the only refurb to have the new vzw .75 right out of the box as of now..........i don't see how they could have all these refurbs 2-3 weeks after a launch of a device but whatever mine works awesome so I am not stressin' anymore!
    12-12-08 12:07 PM

Well,
    explain me this.
    My 2nd and 3rd replacement were retail pack that were never opened and had the same thing is my original, but had the FRB label stuck over the original.
    12-12-08 12:28 PM
    I ordered my replacement on 12/3 and I got today and it came with .75
    12-12-08 08:42 PM
    I ordered a replacement on 12/1 and got it on 12/9... it had .65 on it still.... it's going back tho, clicks worse that my original.
    12-12-08 08:45 PM
    no. they are shipping with .65. I just received one yesterday.
    12-12-08 08:46 PM
    You are wasting your time BigHouse. People getting the brown boxes are absolutly convinced they are getting new phones. There is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise. I have tried many times and failed. Maybe you can get the point acrossed better than I did but I highly doubt it.
    12-12-08 08:49 PM
    Please explain to me how there can be refurb units a week to 3 weeks after a launch of brand new device. Don't you think it takes time to get the bar units back and fix them and re ship them. I could be wrong but I have never heard they were definitely refurbished units. Either way my replacement works like. Charm so I don't give a ****

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 09:40 PM
    Ordered mine December 10th. Just got confirmation that I will receive it this monday, the 15th! Will let you guys know what OS is on there!
    12-12-08 10:50 PM
    i got mine in a retail package a couple days ago (12/10) and it was the new .75 OS. am i really the only one that got the new OS in a retail package??? born date was 12/7.
    12-12-08 10:51 PM
    Ordered mine on 12/6. Just got it today. It is new and has .75 on it.
    12-12-08 10:53 PM
    no. they are shipping with .65. I just received one yesterday.
    weird, got mine a day before you and it came loaded with .75 OS. and for anyone thinking i'm just a noob and i'm wrong and my computer updated it or something, no i promise it came with .75. it even says .75 on the box.

oh, and this thing is lightyears better than my first two storms. i had the clicking issue on my first so i got a replacement. the replacement was fine, but i had them send me another just out of principle because i didnt like that my replacement came in a plain brown box. well, i thought the second one was fine, but this third one that shipping in a retail box with .75 is so much better than even the one that i thought was good.
    12-12-08 10:53 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD