Hey folks,

After reading all your comments good and bad on the Storm, I took the plunge and purchased one for myself. I never intend to leave Verizon, so it didn't make much sense to try and compare it to an iPhone. What I did compare it to was the "Top Of The Line" WM phone that Verizon has right now and the phone I used for 2 months, the HTC Touch Pro. For all of you that hate your BlackBerry Storm, go ahead and buy a Touch Pro. Within one day, you will be reconnecting that Storm and returning the Touch Pro. I hear about people having to do battery pulls twice a day. Sounds great to me. Try once an hour with the Touch Pro, no lie. That thing spent more time frozen up then operating. I work overnight and sleep during the day. I would charge my phone while I was sleeping, and every morning, it would be frozen. Any messages I received during the day were gone. Bad battery life with the Storm? Think again! Here is my schedule: Up at 4pm, leave for work at 10pm, home at 7am. When I took the phone off the charger when I got up at 4pm and didn't recharge it before leaving for work, I would have to turn the phone off when I got there just to have it for the drive home. And keep in mind, that was only for normal, occasional use. If I was using it heavily to send messages, surf the web, or listen to music, 3 hours of battery life tops.

I have only had the Storm for 3 days and I am using .75, but let me tell you, Compared to the WM touchscreen phones I have had (Treo 700W, Treo 700WX, XV6800, and HTC Touch Pro), this device is by far the best I have ever had. So if you want to love the Storm, buy a Touch Pro. It's like comparing Danica Patrick to Kathy Bates.
    04-02-09 02:52 AM
    Hahaha, great post. Glad you like your Storm, it is an awesome phone in my opinion as well.

I went from a Curve to a Treo 700wx to a HTC 6800 back to the Treo and then to the Storm. Best yet!
    04-02-09 02:56 AM
    Hey HillbillyTrav
    Welcome to the Blackberry Community!. Congrats on your storm. Just figure I tell you. If you coping with the .75 OS version, you should definitely check out the .113 beta version. "just a thought" you will be pleasantly surprise at the difference. literally night and day.

Enjoy your new phone
    Mike
    04-02-09 02:58 AM
    Very true! shouldn't be just a thought, you really should just do it. It will improve your phone quite noticeably...
    04-02-09 03:03 AM
    Hey HillbillyTrav
    Welcome to the Blackberry Community!. Congrats on your storm. Just figure I tell you. If you coping with the .75 OS version, you should definitely check out the .113 beta version. "just a thought" you will be pleasantly surprise at the difference. literally night and day.

Enjoy your new phone
    Mike
    I agree... I went from .75 to .113 beta and it's a huge plus in speed. But from the rumour, .113 OS will become official release soon enough, so you don't have to wait too long..

Congrats on your new Storm.
    04-02-09 03:05 AM
    Well, these rumors have been going on and on and on for a while.

I wouldnt hold your breathe on the official release build and date at all. Just take the leap and use one of the leaked OS's instead of waiting around on .75.
    04-02-09 03:07 AM
    Upgrade to .113. You'll love the Storm even more
    04-02-09 04:03 AM
    And to think I was deciding between the Touch Pro and Storm. I'm so glad I chose the Storm! Nice post!
    04-02-09 04:14 AM
    I actually have both the storm and the FUZE (AT&T's version of the touch pro) the storm is a excellent phone which I have expressed in other posts, and if you load custom roms on the touch pro (via xda developers site) the touch pro improves too. I happen to like both of these phones but like the storm better still.
    04-02-09 05:19 AM
    All you've gotta do now is upgrade to .113. I've been running .109 for the past few weeks and it's been great. Waited a little before updating to .113 to see what others had to report. Well I did the update 10 minutes ago and so far so good. Only incremental improvements but improvements all the same. You'll love the Storm if you invest a little time learning and tweaking it. Congrats.
    04-02-09 06:09 AM
    I am a new user and I have purchased the new storm and I have been reading and am wondering about this 113 everybody is talking about. Where can I find it and is it safe?
    Thanks in advance.

Jason Powers
    04-02-09 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD