I picked up a Storm yesterday and noticed a that the screen does seem hard to click on the corners, I am not sure if this is normal or still an issue. I read alot about others having issues with their storms and screen clicks and it being rather loose. If you will please weigh in and let me know if I am being too picky or if i should return it to see if I can get a non-flawed one.
    01-13-09 09:15 AM
    It's up to you. I live with one small portion of my screen being slightly more difficult to depress. You can try the business card trick. Or the Torx screw trick. Or even file for a replacement. If you picked it up in a store, that would be the easiest place to file for one. To complete this transaction over the phone will cost you $200 temporarily and others have reported great difficulty in getting that $200 back even after returning the phone.
    01-13-09 09:29 AM
    i read that about the 200 bucks added to bill.

Not to familiar with the two tricks you mentioned tho??? I assume the card one is just putting a card under the battery door. The other however I dont know how to do.
    01-13-09 09:34 AM
    i read that about the 200 bucks added to bill.

Not to familiar with the two tricks you mentioned tho??? I assume the card one is just putting a card under the battery door. The other however I dont know how to do.
    The business card trick is indeed putting a folded business card under the battery door.

The other trick is something you'll have to search for. It requires using a screwdriver (I believe it's called a Torx T6 or T7 screwdriver) to adjust the screws on the back of the device. You'll also have to carefully peel away a sticker in order to adjust one of the screws.

Many users have reported fabulous results with this method.

Could certainly save you the $200 cost and the hassle!
    01-13-09 09:36 AM
    I am still using The business card trick. Works fine enough for me and the click is perfect and I am able to type fast on the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 09:45 AM
    I just placed a small piece of paper under the battery and so far seems to work better.

Does the thickness help more the thicker the paper is... I.E is there a sweet spot with the paper thickness

And i saw some ppl said it cause it to overheat i assume if it over heats i would know pretty easily?

And i do like always thank you all for all the help i am so thankful to have this forum to turn to.
    01-13-09 10:03 AM
    Torx fix, Helped alot of users. Give it a shot.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...method-109036/
    01-13-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD