HI, I've searched for this particular problem and couldn't find a reference to it so....
    I've had my Storm for 2 weeks now, I've seen the usual "won't click in the corners - use the torx screws method" however....mine works great in the corners and all over the screen for that matter, except fot the very bottom centre, where the space button on the keboard is (portrait) or the delete button in messages. There's hardly any movement in the screen at all and it's difficult knowing whether it's registered or not. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know a cure...or is it a return case?

By the way, my battery was crap for the first few days then I read about over charging it daily, i did this for 5 days, the battery lasts almost 2.5 days now.

Mike
    06-30-09 12:27 PM
    Have you tried the dime trick? Not sure if it would work but its worth a shot.
    06-30-09 12:33 PM
    Have you tried the dime trick? Not sure if it would work but its worth a shot.
    No 'Smooth'

Wassat??
    06-30-09 12:43 PM
    Just try the torx screw trick and see what happens.
    06-30-09 12:46 PM
    No 'Smooth'

Wassat??
    Just put a dime on top of the battery behind the battery cover.
    06-30-09 01:25 PM

By the way, my battery was crap for the first few days then I read about over charging it daily, i did this for 5 days, the battery lasts almost 2.5 days now.

Mike
    Mike, what do you mean by "over charging" it daily?
    06-30-09 01:31 PM
    I think he is referring to that myth about overcharging the battery.
    06-30-09 02:00 PM
    Ok, wrong wording....
    I meant instead of waiting to let it get nearly flat, I put it on charge whenever I was at home, at my desk in work etc. so it was topping up all the time....'myth' or not, it worked for me!!
    06-30-09 02:29 PM
    Where can i get a brand new lcd screen version 1 for a reasonable price
    06-30-09 02:42 PM
    Ok, wrong wording....
    I meant instead of waiting to let it get nearly flat, I put it on charge whenever I was at home, at my desk in work etc. so it was topping up all the time....'myth' or not, it worked for me!!
    This is a myth. Unless you have a nickel-cadmium battery (NiCad) you will not get any memory related performance. Period. No matter what you may perceive your battery to do.
    06-30-09 02:55 PM
    This is a myth. Unless you have a nickel-cadmium battery (NiCad) you will not get any memory related performance. Period. No matter what you may perceive your battery to do.
    Thanks for your 'direct' response. Not being a battery expert I am merely stating what happened. Could it be the fact that I was keeping it topped up that improved the charge rate then? I've read that letting a Lithium Ion battery fall below a certain level can degrade the performance...?
    06-30-09 04:00 PM
    The issue that people may be familiar with as far as letting a battery charge up completely before using it (or disconnecting the charger) and then using full battery before recharging stems from issues with NiCad batteries. Battery degradation is an unavoidable part of battery usage, but they no longer have "memory" as they used to. If you feel like you're doing something that is prolonging the life of your battery then I say keep doing it. I hope my bluntness didn't come off as rudeness.

Cheers!
    07-01-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD