I've owned a 8330 for the past 1.5 years as a company phone via Sprint and I just got a Storm for my personal phone via Verizon. The 8330 was my first Blackberry and it wasn't long before I got addicted

Now that I know my way around the BB world (even work with them all day, every day via IT for multiple clients), I now own a second BB (Storm 1) for my personal phone. One thing I don't understand is that there are a lot of complaints from the CB community about the Storm. Yeah, pre-5.0 the Storm was terrible and a waste of time. But I think that 5.0 made the phone usable again.

And also, I got a Storm 1 for my wife as well. Let's say it's a nice upgrade from her POS Motorola flip phone. Just thought I would share my joy to you guys.
    12-02-09 09:41 PM
    welcome! it has its faults but also its highlights. i still like mine.
    12-02-09 09:53 PM
    welcome! it has its faults but also its highlights. i still like mine.
    Awesome.

Since I've been using Sprint's data service, I've always thought that the 3G speeds were a little slow. Now that I'm using Verizon, I can't say that it's a whole lot faster, even having full bars on 1XEV here in TN. Even m.crackberry.com is a little pokey at times.
    12-03-09 07:13 AM
    If you are using the BB browser I would try and disable java script, but I guess you do need it from time to time so I enable it when needed but it seems to speed it up a bit.
    For the most part I use opera mini browser and I don't have any speed issues.
    I even view the full site and forum section of crackberry without any slowdowns.
    12-03-09 07:43 AM
    Welcome to the world of Storm! I am a very happy Storm 1 owner.
    12-03-09 10:49 AM
    I also have a curve 8330 and went to the storm about 9mnths ago, and really love it since the 5.0 update. No problems at all here.
    IMO a great phone now!
    12-03-09 10:53 AM
    Welcome to the Storm BB community. Glad you're enjoying your phones
    12-03-09 10:56 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    12-03-09 12:48 PM
    Been with my BB Storm I since January and I love it. Maybe move to the BB Storm II when the time is right. But what ever our phone preference I think we can all agree that BLACKBERRY's ROCK!!
    12-03-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD