okay, so I waited til my 8830 fell apart before buying my storm, and so for I have some rants and some raves, but I attribute it to the "getting used to it" factor. I also have a curve for work on BES ( way cool btw )

Anyway, what in the friggen heck do the 3 touch screen settings mean?

I have no idea how to set them, cuz they don't make any sense. I've goofed with them a bit but it seems to really just make typing worse. Anybody got an explanation of what those three options mean in English?

I didn't realize how much typing i did without looking at the keys, typing on this touch screen requires much more attention than it did on my 8830 or my current workberry either.
    05-03-09 06:49 PM
    the screen takes some getting use to when typing. i use to use both thumbs all over the keyboard, but now i am getting use to typing with one thumb per HALF of the keyboard.

cant help with the screen settings ... i have mine at the default setting (whatever that is).
    05-03-09 06:52 PM
    For better performance, Go to options, Screen/Keyboard Options.

Change Tap Interval and Hover Period to 100, then change swipe sensitivity to high.
    05-03-09 07:00 PM
    Here is an explanation to the settings. I agree the 100/100/6 rocks

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wta...period-216757/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 07:02 PM
    Welcome to the storm family! Let me know if you need some tips!

05-03-09 07:02 PM
    It was hard for me too. Still working on it. But welcome. U will love it.

05-03-09 07:11 PM
    I'm trying to do the one thumb per half of the screen and thats getting my by for now, but seems to be taking longer than I thought to get used to.

One thing that irritates me to death is I keep swiping the keyboard away while typing. Don't even realize I do it until the keyboard is gone.

Oh well, only day 4 and growing fonder everyday
    05-03-09 07:51 PM
    I'm glad that RIM added that to the Solution Center in January. I was getting tired of typing it out or searching for my previous posts whenever somebody asked this question shortly after the storms launch. Now I can just give them that link.

05-03-09 11:10 PM
    Like all phones it gets a bit of time to get used to it, but onces you�re done you wont regret of getting this great phone
    05-04-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD