So, I've had my replacement storm now for a couple weeks, it's not the new hardware revision. I originally replaced it for the screen click problem and voice quality. both those problems have been fixed, but I have some newer, bigger issues now.

I upgraded to the leaked .85 OS recently hoping to fix some of it and I'm not sure if that's caused further issues or not.

1. My phone won't always go into idle mode, I can finish a call or message and set the phone down and the backlight never shuts off. Locking doesn't help. I have to pull the battery to get it working again.

2. A few times it's come up after a battery pull and given me a "media card inserted" message that hangs on the screen, if I do anything it goes to a Verizon screen and won't do anything else until a battery pull. Sometimes this even requires multiple battery pulls.

These two issues are very sporadic.

The last issue is the battery life. Standby time seems OK, but I'll have one conversation on the phone and it sucks up a third of my battery for a 5 minute conversation. My last phone would go two days or more on a full charge, I'm lucky to get 1 out of the replacement.

Any ideas, thoughts, comments?
    01-07-09 04:11 PM
    #2 is a known problem with OS .85, and everyone already knows about the battery life thing.
    01-07-09 04:13 PM
    i agree with asylvia lol he summed most of it up as for the idle mode glitch i haven't heard anything about that to date so idk i would search around some more
    01-07-09 04:18 PM
    I think all 3 of those issues are problems with the .85 beta. Instead of upgrading try wiping and installing .85 again.

I have personally experienced issues 1 & 2 after I upgraded to .85. A coworker got the battery drain issue after upgrading to .85. In all cases wiping the phone and loading .85 again fixed those problems. For now anyway...
    Last edited by collide.six; 01-07-09 at 04:20 PM.
    01-07-09 04:18 PM
    I think all 3 of those issues are problems with the .85 beta. Instead of upgrading try wiping and installing .85 again.
    Thanks I'll give that a try this weekend.
    01-07-09 04:20 PM
    I'm still on .75 and glad I am. It seems like everyone is having issues with .85. I'll wait til Verizon officially releases it.
    01-07-09 04:43 PM
    just got my replacement - first one - and i cannot get my outlook calendar to sync using desktop manager. SO frustrating. Every single time i get an error. This happened with the last device too.

I uninstalled the desktop manager and reinstalled it. no luck. i want to kill something, im so frustrated!
    01-07-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD