I just got my storm yesterday and downloaded several apps to use. My first problem is that the Facebook app will not show any notification on the screen or make a sound or vibrate ever. My wife's Facebook app on her storm still appears to be working fine.

I also downloaded the Gmail app and successfully configured that and set up the various alerts I wanted. When I woke up this morning it had failed to get my new messages and the alert option in the profiles menu was gone. I can still manually retrieve messages...but these problems are very frustrating.

What settings am I missing?
    08-15-09 08:32 AM
    so you checked your profile (sound) options? there should be settings for notifications for both apps in there.
    08-15-09 08:54 AM
    I managed to get the facebook app to work, but the Gmail app setting have disappeared overnight. I have just ended up using the built in email feature of the phone, just stinks that I cannot get at older emails.
    08-15-09 01:02 PM
    I managed to get the facebook app to work, but the Gmail app setting have disappeared overnight. I have just ended up using the built in email feature of the phone, just stinks that I cannot get at older emails.
    Clarify what you are saying here, please. What exactly are we talking about. Gmail's settings that you set up on gmail or the gmail app?

If you have gmail there really is no need for the gmail app, you can still go to gmail.com and sign in and see all your mail. Having a little trouble following you.
    08-15-09 01:12 PM

I also downloaded the Gmail app and successfully configured that and set up the various alerts I wanted. When I woke up this morning it had failed to get my new messages and the alert option in the profiles menu was gone. I can still manually retrieve messages...but these problems are very frustrating.

Was the Gmail app on or had you exited out of it? If you exit out of it, it will not get or notify you of your emails. If you don't see your new emails in the app, click bb button> refresh and it will check for new ones. Also you can check all older emails in your gmail account if you want. Use the bb button> search and you can search for anything or just use previous to keep going back to older ones.
    08-15-09 08:08 PM
    I just got my storm yesterday and downloaded several apps to use. My first problem is that the Facebook app will not show any notification on the screen or make a sound or vibrate ever. My wife's Facebook app on her storm still appears to be working fine.

You have two post and your device is a curve. It's a storm we are talking?
    08-15-09 08:11 PM
    You have two post and your device is a curve. It's a storm we are talking?
    Look at the title of the thread.
    08-15-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD