Got a reman phone from asurion. The storm I had before had excellent 3g service everywhere. This one keeps going from 1 bar 3g to 3 bars 1x. Went to the verizon store and got no help. I did update roaming and did a battery pull. Is there another setting I am not finding? Also did a restore on dm from the backup of my old storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 10:46 AM
    I'm having the same problem on mine too. My service is through Verizon, but after i installed the full .230 os i noticed my signal would go from 3G to 1X at around 10pm almost every night. I know that sounds strange, but at least 4-5 times a week it happens, and i'm usually in the same spot too so its not like i'm falling into a "dead zone". The internet will literally crawl for about 2-3 minutes then 3G pops back up and its back to normal. Not that big of a deal, but i'm glad someone else is experiencing something similar.
    10-17-09 12:29 PM
    I am still using the original os. Even right now, its going from 0 signal to full 3g. The Internet hardly works.

10-17-09 01:03 PM
    Go into your network settings and set it to 1XEV only. That will keep your storm from searching for a GSM network.

BB Button>options>Mobile Network>change to 1XEV

Once you do this you will also notice better battery life. Oh and just in case you didnt know

1XEV = 3G
    10-17-09 01:11 PM
    Also on vzw service dial *228 then update your service. Should help get better coverage.

10-17-09 01:25 PM
    I am still using the original os. Even right now, its going from 0 signal to full 3g. The Internet hardly works.

Follow the suggestion that I posted and report back.
    10-17-09 01:31 PM
    I changed it will let you know when I get home. Also now I lost my browser icon. The phone froze and after a restart it was gone. Still works from the crackberry icon but no icon of its own

10-17-09 03:34 PM
    Oh and just in case you didnt know

1XEV = 3G

Not sure if that was directed towards me, or everyone in general, but YES i know 1XEV and 3G are the same, but 1X and 3G aren't and neither is 1X and 1XEV.
    10-17-09 04:14 PM
    to get your browser back there is a compilation of threads in the forum.

10-18-09 01:27 AM
    I having the same issue going from 1xev to 1XEV back and forth eveyday. Went to VZ store and they gave me a refurbish unit. I have no choice and took it. With the same unit, still the 1xev. Below are the following steps that I have tried.

1. x228. no help
    2. ##000000. no help.. this option was instructed by the VZ tech support.
    3. Turn off/on antenna. no help
    4. handheld wipe. no help
    5. Remove majority application and maintain 45MB application memory. no help.
    6. Quickpull. no help

Anyone, please let me know if there is another option that may help.
    Last edited by yoyo-man; 10-18-09 at 10:21 AM.
    10-18-09 09:55 AM
    paul, is it normal when i switch the mobile network to 1xev instead of global for the little 3G symbol to be gone when i open the browser?
    It could be your coverage area. It could be doing this becuase its refreshing the connection. It does it on mine as well.
    10-18-09 03:40 PM
    I changed it will let you know when I get home. Also now I lost my browser icon. The phone froze and after a restart it was gone. Still works from the crackberry icon but no icon of its own

resend your service books. Heres the thread that covers this subject

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/los...hreads-238512/
    10-18-09 03:42 PM
    I having the same issue going from 1xev to 1XEV back and forth eveyday. Went to VZ store and they gave me a refurbish unit. I have no choice and took it. With the same unit, still the 1xev. Below are the following steps that I have tried.

1. x228. no help
    2. ##000000. no help.. this option was instructed by the VZ tech support.
    3. Turn off/on antenna. no help
    4. handheld wipe. no help
    5. Remove majority application and maintain 45MB application memory. no help.
    6. Quickpull. no help

Anyone, please let me know if there is another option that may help.
    is it effecting how your storm performs? It could be that your in a poor coverage area.
    10-18-09 03:43 PM
    It was determined to be a faulty device. Getting another one tuesday. Thanks for all the help. It helped when I talked to asurion to convince then I had a bad unit

10-18-09 03:56 PM
    I did change the settings to only 1XEV and the problem continues. The service is showing 1XEV with 3 bars. As soon as I try to make a call, use the web or anything it drops to 1x then no service. This continues untill I let it sit for a while. It is never on long enough to do anything. I did the *228 opt. 2 as well as opt. 1 several times. Once I was able to keep service long enough I did resend the service books. The icon will not come back. The browser is still there because I can get to the net from the crackberry icon. Then I select home and I can use the bb browser. Right now the phone is prety much useless untill the next one comes tuesday. Is it common for the reman phones to be junk?
    10-18-09 09:37 PM
    The reman should be ok. And your sure you put your network settings on 1XEV only and not Global or GSM
    10-18-09 09:39 PM
    Yes the setting is on 1XEV only. Just cant believe the difference between this phone and my origional. The origional was dropped and the glass screen cracked but it worked perfectly everywhere.
    10-18-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD