i say that because these have probably been over a number of times. but when i read other threads i am not sure if they pertain to what i am looking for.

1) i carry my phone in my pocket. i would like to lock the screen so it does not call someone. i know i can push the button on top but if someone calls me and i do not realize it, then my phone is unlocked and my leg starts making calls. any answer for this?

2) is there a set time my phone goes out to get emails? can i speed this up?

Thanks for the help
    Dog
    09-23-09 01:05 PM
    1. Pockets are for lint...get a holster. If you're accidentally pressing the unlock button, the phone will be unlocked and doing whatever your leg tells it to do. I think there are many phones that are fine and dandy for pocket carry, but the Storm is not one of them.

2. Your email is pushed to you via the BIS servers and there is no way to control it's arrival time.
    09-23-09 01:11 PM
    1) I'm not sure, but putting a password on your phone might do the trick.

2) It all depends on the domain of your email address. Some are instant, others are 15 delays. There is no way to speed this up.
    09-23-09 01:11 PM
    i carry my phone in pocket too and have experienced this. i hate unlocking my phone via password so i just deal with it but yes after my rings it becomes unlocked.
    09-23-09 01:14 PM
    1. You can hold down the mute key to put the phone on standby, it locks the keyboard and it also saves battery power, when you receive a call and miss it, it will remain in standby

2. Emails are pushed through BIS as soon as they send, can't be controlled!
    09-23-09 01:16 PM
    1. You can hold down the mute key to put the phone on standby, it locks the keyboard and it also saves battery power, when you receive a call and miss it, it will remain in standby

2. Emails are pushed through BIS as soon as they send, can't be controlled!
    The storm isn't like a trackball blackberry. Holding the mute key does not put the phone on standby. Only the lock key does this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 01:21 PM
    The storm isn't like a trackball blackberry. Holding the mute key does not put the phone on standby. Only the lock key does this

Oh wow! Lol why is the Storm so complicated lol...

Hmm then I suggest buying autostandby..
    09-23-09 01:28 PM
    i say that because these have probably been over a number of times. but when i read other threads i am not sure if they pertain to what i am looking for.

1) i carry my phone in my pocket. i would like to lock the screen so it does not call someone. i know i can push the button on top but if someone calls me and i do not realize it, then my phone is unlocked and my leg starts making calls. any answer for this?

2) is there a set time my phone goes out to get emails? can i speed this up?

Thanks for the help
    Dog
    1. Stormslider or Patternlock are two applications that I know of that would prevent this from happening.

Stormslider basically adds in a slide lock like the iPhone and iPod touches have. You can also set it to have a numeric password after you slide it. Stormslider can also be set to activate as soon as you press the lock button to lock the phone so after that, even if you hit the lock button your pocket would still have to somehow slide the bar across the screen.

Patternlock is like a locking feature on the G1. You draw a pattern on a 3x3 grid and it locks your phone that way so in the future whoever is trying to unlock the phone has to input the pattern you placed in originally.

I also saw the suggestion up above and, yes, simply inputting a password on the phone should also help solve this problem for you. ;]

2. The email is pushed to your phone. I don't believe that's a set time on your phone to do this. Is it not fast enough? With the gmail accounts I have set up, I oftentimes will receive an email on my Storm before my computer displays a new email.

Hope I helped. :]
    Last edited by FYDave; 09-23-09 at 01:38 PM.
    09-23-09 01:35 PM
    thanks to all and so quickly. i am trying the pattern lock lite. maybe that will help.
    09-23-09 01:38 PM
    storm-slider or berry-slider is what I used to fix that problem. Nothing can be accessed on the phone till you physically slide the icon on the phone. BTW they have a lot of other cool features and well worth the money!!
    09-23-09 01:39 PM
    Oh wow! Lol why is the Storm so complicated lol...

Hmm then I suggest buying autostandby..
    Don't think Autostandby is compatible with the Storm -- unless an update was released? Last I checked it did not work on the Storm.

09-23-09 01:39 PM
    I carry my phone in my pocket all the time and never really had a problem with pocket dialing. I do have pattern lock but rarely remember to use it.
    09-23-09 01:47 PM
    I carry my phone in my pocket all the time and never really had a problem with pocket dialing. I do have pattern lock but rarely remember to use it.
    Me neither, although half the time I forget to lock it. OP I hope you found a solution among these wonderful solutions Good job, everyone
    09-23-09 02:29 PM
    1. Stormslider or Patternlock are two applications that I know of that would prevent this from happening.

Stormslider basically adds in a slide lock like the iPhone and iPod touches have. You can also set it to have a numeric password after you slide it. Stormslider can also be set to activate as soon as you press the lock button to lock the phone so after that, even if you hit the lock button your pocket would still have to somehow slide the bar across the screen.

Patternlock is like a locking feature on the G1. You draw a pattern on a 3x3 grid and it locks your phone that way so in the future whoever is trying to unlock the phone has to input the pattern you placed in originally.

I also saw the suggestion up above and, yes, simply inputting a password on the phone should also help solve this problem for you. ;]

2. The email is pushed to your phone. I don't believe that's a set time on your phone to do this. Is it not fast enough? With the gmail accounts I have set up, I oftentimes will receive an email on my Storm before my computer displays a new email.

Hope I helped. :]
    stormslider causes stability and memory issues, just FYI...if you want a 3rd party lock app, i suggest pattern lock or a very simple device password...
    09-23-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD