I just filed a claim for my lost storm via Asurion, does anyone know will I get a new or refurbished replacement??
    02-24-09 05:16 PM
    Asurion does not give out new phones! They give out refurbished phones! The only time they give out new phones is if they do not have it in stock!
    02-24-09 05:28 PM
    I would have to second that as they will be sending you a refurb.........
    02-24-09 05:30 PM
    I filed a claim for my storm on Sunday, due to it malfunctioning. I had told them I lost it and they sent me a brand new one in a box, all stickers on it, and everything down to the manuals in the box. It came with everything, and brand new. I was extremely surprised.
    02-24-09 05:34 PM
    Just had my Storm replaced due to being stolen. (Had phone since launch day) Received a brand new in box unit,. Assurion replaces with new within 6 months generally, after 6 months you usually receive a refurbished unit. The new unit actually works better than the original.
    Last edited by gadgetluva44; 02-24-09 at 05:38 PM. Reason: add comment
    02-24-09 05:35 PM
    Just had my Storm replaced due to being stolen. (Had phone since launch day) Received a brand new in box unit,. Assurion replaces with new within 6 months generally, after 6 months you usually receive a refurbished unit. The new unit actually works better than the original.
    Well, I will be receiving the phone tomorrow, and I'll let you guys know if it's new or replacement, thanks.
    02-24-09 05:43 PM
    My replacement should be in within an hour. I'm hoping it is a new phone as I've heard others complain about the quality of the refurbs they were issued.
    02-24-09 05:54 PM
    My replacement should be in within an hour. I'm hoping it is a new phone as I've heard others complain about the quality of the refurbs they were issued.
    Let us know if it's new or replacement.
    02-24-09 06:00 PM
    I've had much better luck with refurbs than I have new ones. FWIW
    02-24-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD