Let's wait and see if the screen flexing is an issue. If it is, I think RIM will be getting a lot of warranty claims/rejected handsets
    Yea, we can only wait at this point. See, now people are waiting just to have the device AND to see if the problems are there. It never ends lol.
    10-24-08 10:31 AM
    Better to sit back, wait for the launch, try the device and then start your complaining
    I disagree. I've seen manufacturers put the brakes on a product 1 week before release and push it back a month due to serious problems that were missed in development and testing. So, it is possible to do such a thing. Personally, I'd rather have 1 month delay on the whole product then have to wait 6-12 or longer for the next revision because it's too late for RIM to fix things.

Just as a FYI, there's a new game that was release frozen by the maker called I think "Little Big Planet" which had already shipped to the stores and sat in the back. It seems some Muslims found one of the songs on the game offensive for some reason and requested the gameing company to pull it. According to the last info I read, they were pulling the content and reshipping new copies. Granted, that's not exactly the same kind of product, but you can see what's possible. Never underestimate the power of the general public.
    10-24-08 11:17 AM
    Let's wait and see if the screen flexing is an issue. If it is, I think RIM will be getting a lot of warranty claims/rejected handsets
    LOL! I will just keep returning it until they release a new one - :P
    10-24-08 11:19 AM
    Is that a WiFi icon I see?
    Nope, it's the battery. The only WiFi icon I see is on the Bold in the other pics on the site.
    10-24-08 11:19 AM
    Nope, it's the battery. The only WiFi icon I see is on the Bold in the other pics on the site.
    That was a joke...
    10-24-08 11:23 AM
    I'm excited for this thing.
    10-24-08 11:25 AM
    I need it soooo bad.
    10-24-08 11:25 AM
    I disagree. I've seen manufacturers put the brakes on a product 1 week before release and push it back a month due to serious problems that were missed in development and testing. So, it is possible to do such a thing. Personally, I'd rather have 1 month delay on the whole product then have to wait 6-12 or longer for the next revision because it's too late for RIM to fix things.

Just as a FYI, there's a new game that was release frozen by the maker called I think "Little Big Planet" which had already shipped to the stores and sat in the back. It seems some Muslims found one of the songs on the game offensive for some reason and requested the gameing company to pull it. According to the last info I read, they were pulling the content and reshipping new copies. Granted, that's not exactly the same kind of product, but you can see what's possible. Never underestimate the power of the general public.
    Of course a product can be recalled - even 'big ticket' items like cars & motorcycles get recalled where there are safety or potential legal issues, but...

The screen gap (which is what we are talking about here, let us not forget) will be manufactured according to tolerances and specifications given by the designer(s). Someone has already decided what is an acceptable gap and if the units meet that criteria they will be shipped and sold.

This is an issue that only 1 or 2 users will have a problem with If there is any chance of a November launch, they will be rolling off the production line right now and there will already be warehouses across the world stocked with Storms. To think that anyone is going to act on a few moans from a forum - when every review up until now has been extremely positive about the screen in particular - is a little far-fetched
    10-24-08 11:30 AM
    The screen gap (which is what we are talking about here, let us not forget) will be manufactured according to tolerances and specifications given by the designer(s). Someone has already decided what is an acceptable gap and if the units meet that criteria they will be shipped and sold.

This is an issue that only 1 or 2 users will have a problem with If there is any chance of a November launch, they will be rolling off the production line right now and there will already be warehouses across the world stocked with Storms. To think that anyone is going to act on a few moans from a forum - when every review up until now has been extremely positive about the screen in particular - is a little far-fetched
    You're still missing my point monkey boy.

If you bothered to look at the screen tolorances, you'd notice that they are tighter in this pic then they were before on all the other prerelease pics I was using as examples. My post in here about the gap was a joke. I still think it can be a bit tighter and still work well, but we'll see. The pic in here is the newer "production level" units and they look good enough to me. Could be better... but that's just me being a perfectionist.

Now, can you put this to bed already... you filled up an entire page with this back and forth for no good reason since everyone else got the joke and you obviously had to take it to the next level. Get over it.
    10-24-08 11:35 AM
    You're still missing my point monkey boy.
    Now, can you put this to bed already... you filled up an entire page with this back and forth for no good reason since everyone else got the joke and you obviously had to take it to the next level. Get over it.
    Hey, let's face it, 30% or the content of this forum is now posts from you and Balloon Knot grumbling about one thing or another, a few posts in this thread is small beer in comparison

No, the point is your continued whining about perceived faults with prototypes and pre-production units. I did get the fact your were being ironic about the gap, but I decided to bring it up because it was becoming tiresome. Let's try and wait for either a review of a production unit from a trusted source or until we have one in our hands before we criticize it?
    10-24-08 11:47 AM
    Let's try and wait for either a review of a production unit from a trusted source or until we have one in our hands before we criticize it?
    We all know that will never happen no matter what product it is.
    10-24-08 11:57 AM
    So about this gap Civic if you don't like it don't buy it then.

I cry myself to sleep everynight because you are ruining my anticipation. I scour(sp?) the net 20 hours a day for any new info and have read nothing but glowing reviews. If I read anything that I percieve as negative I get angry and punch small animals. So please stop finding potential problems so that I may live in peace. I am turning suicidal over not knowing pricing or release dates so I don't need to read about screen gaps, tolerances, plastic vs glass and screen flexing.

I can't take much more. Please do me and the other Storm lovers a favor and paint us a picture of nothing but sunshine and roses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 12:04 PM
    I can't take much more. Please do me and the other Storm lovers a favor and paint us a picture of nothing but sunshine and roses.
    ...and smoking babies that's the world I wanna live in!
    10-24-08 12:21 PM
    ...and smoking babies that's the world I wanna live in!
    ah I knew I liked you cromag.

Monkey I do want the storm. I have just expressed concerns over issues that I believe to be serious enough to warrant my attention. I've expressed those concerns and like some I will wait to see how the device stacks up by coming in here first.

I'm just not totally sold on the device yet.

10-24-08 01:56 PM
    So about this gap Civic if you don't like it don't buy it then.
    AHHAHAAHHAHA!

Yeah, how original. Never seen that posted here before.
    10-24-08 02:55 PM
    Its a bad joke dude

10-24-08 03:08 PM
    ^^^ I know, you suck at it. This whole thread sucks... the Storm sucks... the gap sucks... the plastic screen sucks... everything sucks!
    10-24-08 03:09 PM
    ^^^ I know, you suck at it. This whole thread sucks... the Storm sucks... the gap sucks... the plastic screen sucks... everything sucks!
    don't reply to me then... don't come here then.... don't buy it then... wait for the final realease then... no proof of that..., I agree.

10-24-08 04:00 PM
    don't reply to me then... don't come here then.... don't buy it then... wait for the final realease then... no proof of that..., I agree.

Maybe this is another one of your bad jokes lol, but I wanted to make sure you understood that my post above was a joke about what someone else posted in that thread that got locked a few days ago. I forget who it was, but it had "This sucks" all over the post. It was funny and meant as a joke, so I figured I'd conjure it up again to be funny... hence the (wink) at the end of the sentance. I think you missed it because you're on mobile and the ghey WAP site doesn't do smilies really well. Cool?
    10-24-08 04:27 PM
    Praise be to the Storm –
    It rises above the Norm –
    Nothing better has happened –
    Since our savior, (insert name here for PC purpose) was Born –

Thou shall speaketh no evil –
    Only good words will do –
    I command ye all to head this –
    As it is written in Waterloo –

Thy Gap is with Purpose –
    And Plastic is better than Glass –
    Wifi is really not needed –
    Shut up or I’ll Kick thy wineglass –

Just funnin'
    10-24-08 04:35 PM
    Maybe this is another one of your bad jokes lol, but I wanted to make sure you understood that my post above was a joke about what someone else posted in that thread that got locked a few days ago. I forget who it was, but it had "This sucks" all over the post. It was funny and meant as a joke, so I figured I'd conjure it up again to be funny... hence the (wink) at the end of the sentance. I think you missed it because you're on mobile and the ghey WAP site doesn't do smilies really well. Cool?
    yes it's another bad joke. Really bad in fact

but that gap sure isn't no joke. Last time I saw a gap that big was, nevermind I can't get too graphic here.

Gap would come in handy though. Could use it as a toothpick holder or for holding crackers, Oreos (even the double stuff ones), straw dispenser, piggy bank, incense holder, fill it with water and you have your own little moat. Would make a great place to hide while playing hide and seek as well.
    Last edited by Balloon Knot; 10-24-08 at 05:03 PM.
    10-24-08 04:57 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD