Was just doing my daily syncing this afternoon with auto update enabled and was informed of a new core update.
    I installed it and it's running v4.7.0.65 (platform 4.0.0.82)

Is the new OS fixed?
    11-23-08 02:08 PM
    no

This is how you can get your storm to check whenever you want..

Originally Posted by imann101 View Post
    Get over the air updates *WHEN AVAILABLE.*

some phones have the wireless update option in advances options, if not, do this:

options > advanced options > service book > hover* over 'provisioning [otasl]' > menu key > delete >menu key > undelete

repeat that a few times then go to the home screen again then options > advanced options and there should be a new thing that says wireless upgrade at the bottom

obviously no upgrades yet, but at least you know you can do it OTA
    11-23-08 02:18 PM
    I had an update too... did not change OS or Platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 02:21 PM
    no

This is how you can get your storm to check whenever you want..

Originally Posted by imann101 View Post
    Get over the air updates *WHEN AVAILABLE.*

some phones have the wireless update option in advances options, if not, do this:

options > advanced options > service book > hover* over 'provisioning [otasl]' > menu key > delete >menu key > undelete

repeat that a few times then go to the home screen again then options > advanced options and there should be a new thing that says wireless upgrade at the bottom

obviously no upgrades yet, but at least you know you can do it OTA

Awesome - thanks!
    11-23-08 02:54 PM
    I tried this and I never got the wireless update option to come up. Any advice?
    11-23-08 02:58 PM
    Disregard last post it is there, thanks for the tip.
    11-23-08 02:59 PM
    it dos'nt work for me
    11-23-08 03:31 PM
    I tried this and I never got the wireless update option to come up. Any advice?
    It may take several attempts. Some users were successful in the first try, others have reported it has taken up to six tries for success.
    11-23-08 03:43 PM
    That is a neat trick. How the heck did you find it? That is so strange!!
    11-23-08 03:51 PM
    Was just doing my daily syncing this afternoon with auto update enabled and was informed of a new core update.
    I installed it and it's running v4.7.0.65 (platform 4.0.0.82)

Is the new OS fixed?
    This was already addressed on the first day of release. Most of the phones were shipped with .82 version of the platform. When people synced it down graded it. Now it's being reupdated. There was a way to manually force it to happen on the first day (since they weren't doing it automatically like they are now). Thanks for the info though.
    11-23-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD