Upgraded the OS this morning. Everything was working fine. Seemed faster all around. Then suddenly, just now, a random reboot! Unreal. I have been patient, but to have this still happening after the new OS is installed, is ridiculous and unacceptable. Especially when this device takes forever to boot up!
    I dont want to return this device, but when it's main function (being a phone) isn't working while it takes forever to boot up, may cause me to have no choice. C'mon RIM...fix this already!!!
    Last edited by pmas; 11-30-08 at 03:46 PM.
    11-30-08 03:44 PM
    i'm not sure how to fix this but do u have any 3rd party apps installed that might be unstable? my storm has never rebooted on its own but i only have a couple of 3rd party apps
    11-30-08 03:46 PM
    did you do a battery pull? some have reported that this helps
    How long does it take for the Storm to turn on? I have read anywhere around 5-10 minutes in some threads. If so, thats ******* crazy.
    Shake your phone. If it reboots, it's probably a loose battery. You may need to get the phone replaced. Just replace it.
    11-30-08 03:47 PM
    Tried shaking. Nothing happened. And yes, I have done a battery pull. No third party apps
    I think I will take civics advice, call VZW and have them send me a new one.
    Last edited by pmas; 11-30-08 at 03:52 PM.
    11-30-08 03:49 PM
    Tried shaking. Nothing happened. And yes, I have done a battery pull. No third party apps
    You should have a look at this:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    11-30-08 03:52 PM
    Umm, why..?
    11-30-08 04:06 PM
    The OS isn't Nuked. The device is just getting random restarts.
    11-30-08 04:09 PM
    I just ordered a new one from VZW tech support.
    A Mod can delete this thread if need be.
    Thanks for the input guys.
    11-30-08 04:17 PM
    Are you serious? This was my biggest gripe about the phone. The random restarts are the worse.

I haven't actually updated yet, going to wait for the official one. When that one actually goes live, and it still restarts out of no where, I'm going to have to return it.
    11-30-08 04:44 PM
    Are you serious? This was my biggest gripe about the phone. The random restarts are the worse.

I haven't actually updated yet, going to wait for the official one. When that one actually goes live, and it still restarts out of no where, I'm going to have to return it.
    John the official one is the same as what is posted. it's not gonna help the reboots. I suggest you call CS and get a new one.
    11-30-08 06:39 PM
    This hasn't happened to me with the new OS yet. It happened to me about 5 times in 2 days with .65. It's definitely not a battery issue either.

One time was while I was on the phone with my father. It then took forever to reboot, while he was wondering what the **** happened to me...

The other time was when I was leaving the airport today and having my parents pick me up. They were looking for my aunt and I, and my dad called me numerous times. Turns out that my phone rebooted randomly in my pocket and he couldn't reach me to let me know where he was.

I love this phone, but this is unacceptable. I'm hoping it gets fixed in the upcoming updates.
    11-30-08 06:43 PM
    trebb, that's good to know.

pmas, I do worry about that but stories like trebb give me hope lol. I'd hate to have to go through the process of getting a new Storm.

Mine just rebotted a few minutes ago. I decided to time it, and it took less than 2 minutes. First time it happened today actually. It wasn't that random. I just had gotten a text, and when I went to press the screen, it stayed black and then eventually rebooted itself.

That's how it normally goes down. I can't actually say that it's "random"
    11-30-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD