Hey all,

Here's the situation. I'm switching over from my old Storm to a replacement.

I seem to have a problem viewing newly received email. I know the email is there and it's not any ghost messages. (Note: The email is the service book emails that I manually sent)

I did battery pulls, doesn't fix it.

I did a complete device wipe. It worked. HOWEVER, I did a restore (e.g. settings, emails, SMS, device options, etc). After doing that, the problem reappears.

The message indicator shows new emails. Each inbox shows the correct number of new messages. But it simply isn't showing up!

What can I do now?
    07-06-09 08:10 PM
    Go to your all-in-one messages inbox, then click the BB button and select search. Tell it to show Unopened Messages. Chances are you will find one. If not, someone else will have to chime in here.

I had this same thing happen to me after the last OS upgrade, and the above steps resolved the issue for me.
    07-06-09 08:14 PM
    Hey that works!

Problem is... I can only see the new ones if I do a search...

How did you permanently resolve it?

Thanks!
    07-06-09 08:22 PM
    also go to view folders and check saved messages. sometimes its a voicemail message (if you have it show you in the message folder when you get voicemails). I've had this happen to a couple customers before, or something similar.
    07-06-09 08:22 PM
    Thanks! Checked but no good. Definitely not voicemail as those notifications come by email via youmail.
    07-06-09 08:26 PM
    Actually, I think I misread you original post. Upon a reread, I'm not sure that the issue you're having is the same as the one I dealt with. Sorry.

I fail at forum!
    07-06-09 08:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem? I wiped my storm clean, and now my individual e-mail icons aren't showing up, and my e-mail messages can only be accessed my clicking the messages button. When I tried opening an attachment, I get an error msg that says something like "service book information not found." I'm gonna search the forum. Worst comes to worst I'll call Verizon *rolls eyes* I'll update. Goodluck!

edited to say: Try this thread
    Last edited by msebonie; 07-06-09 at 10:06 PM.
    07-06-09 10:02 PM
    I didn't really get to fix the problem. I spoke with the higher level of tech support at RIM (Verizon transferred me over there, since they can't fix my problem).

The tech believes its a corruption in the database. I wiped the device (using that built-in option in the Blackberry) and restored all of the backup files EXCEPT for my "messages" and "service books". That helped me.

Not sure if it'll help you in your case. It's worth a shot though!
    07-06-09 10:21 PM
    This may help also remember after you switch devices you have to go to the BIS and switch your pin and esn on the BIS so you will get mail etc.......
    07-07-09 06:08 AM
    Yes, I had the same problem from Curve to Bold and it was ok when I changed it from BIS... good luck.
    07-07-09 06:27 AM
    Try this (from my Tips thread)...

Tip 2 Fixing Data Problems such as Email not arriving or Missing Browser (Doing and HRT & Re-send of Service Books)

Method 1 (Provide by michaelwpg) The Quick way!

I have found that rather than going through the longer process for Registering and sending service books, Go through
    Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test>BB key> Run

This pretty much puts the Storm through it's paces, data wise, and registers, sends service books, all at the same time. Quicker process I found by accident. Seems to work very well.

Method 2 (Mine) The LONNNNG way!

Step 1 Doing an HRT, or Registering your Device. Open Options, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the blackberry button and select Register Device.

Step 2 Doing the Service Books. Open the Setup Folder, then Open Email Setup, sign on, then press the blackberry button, and select Service Books, then Send Service Books.

Step 3 Pull the battery which will reboot your Storm, often this is a good first thing to try when having any BB problem. You can use a program to simulate a pull and reboot your Storm, they are Softreset & Quick Pull. (found in the OTA Apps thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...-thread-107305 ).
    07-07-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD