Hey all I came to these forums to learn about my phone as well as I believe that some of the posters here can help me out with a serious problem I am having.

Okay so last night I decided to put a passcode on my storm to lock my device, it accepted the password enter and verification process (when you first set one up for the device)

Well now when I try to enter in my passcode it keeps saying Password is Incorrect,

I am on my 9th*** Attempt now and I am in fear to try again because it says all my data will be erased,

How do I rid the password so I can acess my device again?

(and if I do try to enter in my password again and it fails, what exactly happens to my device and will it still be usuable?)

Thanks for any help!
    12-09-08 09:29 AM
    there is no way to get rid of it that I'm aware of without using the password a 10th time. It will wipe your phone back to factory original but it will be usable. I think you will lose all your contacts, messages, etc
    12-09-08 09:36 AM
    Pull the battery. Your keyboard might be crapped out and registering the wrong info you type. Then let it come back up and try it again. If it still fails, you'll have to let it wipe... there's no way around it.
    12-09-08 09:38 AM
    BEFORE YOU RESET...

is your password all numbers? make sure that you have the NUM LOCK on before entering your password. When in portrait mode, the number pad comes up, however it registers letters when you type not numbers! You must press the numbers in order for them to work.

Hopefully this is the case...
    12-09-08 09:40 AM
    Has anyone experienced a wiped blackberry?

not that I do not trust anyone here I just want to verify this is the only way to rid the password
    12-09-08 09:46 AM
    Has anyone experienced a wiped blackberry?

not that I do not trust anyone here I just want to verify this is the only way to rid the password
    Did you read my post? Is your password all numbers?
    12-09-08 09:52 AM
    Did you read my post? Is your password all numbers?
    Oh sorry It's not its a word and two numbers

I just dont understand how it will accept it on the screen , then when i actually go to enter it, it always gets rejected
    12-09-08 09:53 AM
    When you entered the numbers in the initial setup, are you sure you entered numbers for the last 2 characters? Also, it is case sensative as well... check that. But, when it wipes, it wipes... it'll be back to where it was when you pulled it out of the box. All your personal info and customized settings will be gone.
    12-09-08 09:56 AM
    Trey,

It important to back up your BB on a regular basis. You can use DM to make a backup of your blackberry. Sounds like you don't have one, BUT if you do, let it wipe then just do a restore. ALSO if you happen to still have your old phone and it's contact list (or address book) is intact, you can take both devices in to a corp store and they can connect them (they have special equiptment) and do a transfer. Often they won't charge you, but if they do it's only like 5 or 10 dollars.
    12-09-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD