Hi all,

I previously posted this in the owner's lounge but realized it should probably go out here...

Anyway, I finally switched to a BB Storm and love it! I was on AT&T and hated my coverage in my areas. No I have no issues on Verizon.

As for downloading apps, is there a difference to installing OTA or through DM? If so, is one preferred over the other?
    03-30-09 03:27 PM
    Hello. I prefer OTA it's just easier to do, YMMV.
    03-30-09 03:30 PM
    Many apps are only download-able OTA on your phone at mobile sites, so those have to be downloaded OTA. As for Operating Systems (OS), they can be upgraded in one of three ways. The first way is OTA. The second way is OTA through your DM in which DM will download and install the OS directly onto your phone from your computer via USB. The third way would be to download the new OS (since it sounds like one is coming out soon) and install it onto your COMPUTER FIRST. Then you can open DM and it should (should) recognize the new OS. Now you can click upgrade and let DM do the rest of the work. I have been recommended to only use step 3 when upgrading. But, as I said, most apps are download-able OTA only, so in that case there is no difference to be described.
    03-30-09 03:34 PM
    Welcome to Stormland. You've made a wise choice.
    03-30-09 03:37 PM
    Welcome to CB. As posted above OTA.
    03-30-09 03:38 PM
    Welcome! In my opinion OTA is the way to go if available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 03:43 PM
    I like OTA here!
    03-30-09 03:43 PM
    I prefer OTA because you can just email yourself the link and download it through your BB's browser. With DM you need to use BB Desktop manager and it is just a lot easier to use OTA so in my opinion use OTA
    03-30-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD