Hello everyone.

I just purchased a Storm 9530 last Friday. This is my first Blackberry and my first smart phone period. All of my friends have iPhones, and I wanted to do something different so naturally I chose the Storm.

I am a moderator on a forum, so I needed a phone that would allow me to check the site many times daily when I am away from my computer. The iPhone worked very well at doing this. However my Storm freezes constantly.

I am still using the OS .75 that came with the phone, I want to upgrade the OS. I have no idea where to start.

Does the new OS solve these web-freezing problem?

Also I noticed you cannot download Flash with this phone. Is there a way to do so, or is there an equivalent program that acts like Flash?

I really like the phone, but I'm disappointed by the web-surfing performance of the Storm.

Can someone give me some direction or pointers on how to upgrade my OS, and optimize my Blackberry experience?
    01-28-09 10:18 AM
    Storm Can't do Flash no possible way. Though in the future we may see it implemented at this time you can't. If you really want to risk it with a leaked OS check out the Storm OS/OS Beta Discussion sub-board. Either that or Plug in your blackberry and download the .75 OS from Verizon, uninstall the Browser then Reinstall it. Could take a while. Never experienced any freezes on the browser, mind I ask what forum software you're using and how big your userbase is?
    Last edited by Arreat; 01-28-09 at 10:28 AM.
    01-28-09 10:25 AM
    Storm Can't do Flash no possible way. Though in the future we may see it implemented at this time you can't. If you really want to risk it with a leaked OS check out the Storm OS/OS Beta Discussion sub-board. Either that or Plug in your blackberry and download the .75 OS from Verizon, uninstall the Browser then Reinstall it. Could take a while. Never experienced any freezes on the browser, mind I ask what forum software you're using and how big your userbase is?
    here's the site...

www . southfloridastangs.net

Needed to space it out, the site wont allow me to post url's until after 10 posts.
    01-28-09 10:32 AM
    First browser change is go to menu > options > network technology and change it from global to 1XEV ... that speeds up the browser.
    Update Leaked OS that will show you the instructions on how to upgrade. Since its your first blackberry I wouldn't suggest wiping your device but those instructions don't include that anyways. There are definitely improvements on these leaked versions and I would say .90 is probably worth installing especially when compared to .75. There is also some tips in http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ that can help improve even more.

Welcome to the family.
    01-28-09 10:53 AM
    Where is the network technology option? I didn't see it in browser configuration. I must be at the wrong place.
    01-28-09 11:06 AM
    Nevermind. you need to click on your tools icon. click on mobile network, and then you'll see the network technology. I'd already done that but forgot about it.

THe tools icon has a wrench on it and says options.
    Last edited by Dwade; 01-28-09 at 11:12 AM.
    01-28-09 11:09 AM
    First browser change is go to menu > options > network technology and change it from global to 1XEV ... that speeds up the browser.

Welcome to the family.
    Changing from global to 1XEV really sped this thing up

Thanks.
    01-28-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD