Hey i just purchased a blackberry storm. I have wanted to get a blackberry for awhile and i figured this was the best time to jump in. Can everyone just give me some keys to success for using my storm to its full potential? Also i keep seeing people talk about updates i'm using the 4.7.0.75 version how do i get the newest updates? Thanks in advance i appreciate you helping the new guy out.
    01-09-09 01:00 PM
    You are running the newest "official" release. There is a leaked release of .85, but I personally haven't installed it. I like to wait for official releases.

As far ask some keys to success? Really, I don't know. I've had mine for a little over a week. I love the phone. Yes there are some issues. In the week and a half that i've had the phone, i've had 3 automatic reboots, my calendar stopped syncing to my Desktop Manager, and my browser disappeared.

All issues have been resolved so far, except the random reboot issue. That is sporadic.

I still have VZ Navigator installed, but I did uninstall Visual Voice Mail. Basically, if you uninstall any programs that you will not be using, it helps the phone.

The best thing you can do is read through the stickies here. There is a ton of great information on this board. it just takes time to read through them. I actually spent two-plus months reading through the board before I bought the Storm.
    01-09-09 01:09 PM
    Welcome to CB and BB. I advise you to go to the Storm forums and check out tips and trick and other things.
    01-09-09 01:12 PM
    Hey i just purchased a blackberry storm. I have wanted to get a blackberry for awhile and i figured this was the best time to jump in. Can everyone just give me some keys to success for using my storm to its full potential? Also i keep seeing people talk about updates i'm using the 4.7.0.75 version how do i get the newest updates? Thanks in advance i appreciate you helping the new guy out.
    4.7.0.75 is the newest update (Officially)

If you are new to BlackBerry then it might not be time to start off by hacking and beta testing your phone. I've looked into it alot, and some people have alot of luck with it... and some people get there phones completely locked up or destroyed in the process. I've heard both good and bad, but somehow theres always just enough on the bad possibilities side for me to actually try it out.
    01-09-09 01:16 PM
    Search for tips and tricks in the storm forum. There are a couple of threads that are very helpful.
    01-09-09 01:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/dr...-steps-116539/

That is one place you should go read through. Some good tips that will improve your phone for sure.
    01-09-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD