I have read on some sites that Windows Live Mail is the "new" outlook express for Vista, which is what I have on my computer. I have read that supposedly Windows Live Mail cannot communicate with BlackBerry to send calendar, tasks but can communicate with Contacts when syncing.

I am currently a Hotmail user and it is my primary e-mail. When I use Desktop Manager V5.0 to set up Synching it gives me a Yahoo option, and an Ascii option thing.

So if I can't sync to Windows Live Mail, what is another good option till, either RIM does an update for it, or Windows Live Mail does, or if someone knows a way around this.. cause I am a student and its nice to keep things organized etc

I've seen some people say Google Synch, Yahoo, (which I have and don't really want to use) any suggestions ideas??
    Last edited by Bran_deeno; 09-12-09 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo
    09-12-09 04:11 PM
    Welcome.

Sorry, I can't help since I don't have Vista nor Windows Live. Does your computer have the standard Outlook?
    09-12-09 05:08 PM
    I have read on some sites that Windows Live Mail is the "new" outlook express for Vista, which is what I have on my computer. I have read that supposedly Windows Live Mail cannot communicate with BlackBerry to send calendar, tasks but can communicate with Contacts when syncing.

I am currently a Hotmail user and it is my primary e-mail. When I use Desktop Manager V5.0 to set up Synching it gives me a Yahoo option, and an Ascii option thing.

So if I can't sync to Windows Live Mail, what is another good option till, either RIM does an update for it, or Windows Live Mail does, or if someone knows a way around this.. cause I am a student and its nice to keep things organized etc

I've seen some people say Google Synch, Yahoo, (which I have and don't really want to use) any suggestions ideas??
    Google. You can sync right from the page for your mail, and download google sync for blackberry. Works great, keeps all your contacts. You'll never lose them. I highly suggest Gmail, it's the best.

Microsoft wishes it could lick Googles boots.
    09-12-09 05:23 PM
    Welcome.

Sorry, I can't help since I don't have Vista nor Windows Live. Does your computer have the standard Outlook?

No I don't have the standard Outlook. I saw on Microsoft`s website I could download outlook, but its only a trial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 05:43 PM
    Google. You can sync right from the page for your mail, and download google sync for blackberry. Works great, keeps all your contacts. You'll never lose them. I highly suggest Gmail, it's the best.

+1 for Google Sync
    09-12-09 05:46 PM

I will have to give that a shot won't hurt anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD