Hello to all,

First i would like to say that Crackberry is a great resource for all users. I've learned a lot in a week. Ive searched the threads but i was unable to find answers to the following questions:

1. When i want to add an attachment that is a picture or set a new wallpaper it takes anywhere from a minute to four minutes for the thumbnails of the pictures to appear for me to select. I've taken pics with the camera and added pics to the memory card all with varying sizes and resolutions. Is it the size of the pics, a slow processor or the memory card that causes such a delay to view the thumbnails?

2. Are their settings or an app that will allow me to schedule mostly at night when I'm asleep to turn off email notifications and allow only incoming phone calls and text messages then in the morning at a preset time turn everything back to normal? Reason being i get a lot of emails at night from friends (over seas and different time zones) and work. It makes it hard to sleep. The bedside mode really doesn't work for what i want. Any suggestions? Thanks

Stats:

v. 4.7.075

programs installed

quick launch
    google maps
    iheartradio
    pandora
    quickpull
    flycast
    opera mini
    radio companion

Application Memory
    Free Space 28.9

Device Memory
    TOTAL SPACE: 879.2MB
    FREE MEMORY: 870.2MB

free space media card
    2.5gb
    Last edited by monkeykat; 05-06-09 at 02:33 AM. Reason: new info
    05-06-09 02:11 AM
    1. Update your OS. The most recent is .141 and the picture appear alomost instantly.
    2. Not sure. I don't think there is settings or an app that can do this.
    05-06-09 02:14 AM
    For 2, go to your profile and under Custom profiles, create a new one called "Night" for example...then for email notifications, set it to silent. You can set the whole profile up this way so that only phone calls will ring through...nothing else. I had the same issue and this works great!
    05-06-09 02:28 AM
    I'll try it out. Thank You
    05-06-09 02:55 AM
    tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly. Thanks
    05-07-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD