Hi all. I'm new to the whole smartphone thing, so I need some advice. First, what is the first app you would recommend? One that would make my life easier while trying to learn this intimidating piece of artwork. BTW, I have the Storm 9530 for Verizon. I think I'm gonna really like it, but there's alot of features, and that's kinda scary. I'll take any and all advice. Thanks a million.
    08-15-09 09:39 AM
    1 word....QuickPull (It's a must have app for the Storm)
    08-15-09 09:44 AM
    Welcome to the Storm and welcome to CB. Enjoy your time with both.
    Thinking about the one app that "would make my life easier". I would suggest QuickLaunch
    08-15-09 09:49 AM
    Is QuickPull the same as QuickLaunch?
    08-15-09 09:51 AM
    nope...actually they're totally different
    08-15-09 09:53 AM
    Main differences? And thanks for you guys responding. I'm not used to it...lol...I changed from the Dare to the Storm, and could never get any replies on the Dare forums. You guys are great.
    08-15-09 09:57 AM
    QuickPull simulates a battery pull...the nice thing about it is you can set it to automatically have it do a QuickPull at like 3am when you're sleeping and you have a fresh pull every morning without even thinking about it.
    QuickLaunch will create shortcuts to applications or functions on your BlackBerry. It basically gives you quick easy access to what you want to do on your blackberry.
    08-15-09 10:11 AM
    Pageonce makes my life easier. Oh and GO BUCKS!!!!!
    08-15-09 10:13 AM
    Hi all. I'm new to the whole smartphone thing, so I need some advice. First, what is the first app you would recommend? One that would make my life easier while trying to learn this intimidating piece of artwork. BTW, I have the Storm 9530 for Verizon. I think I'm gonna really like it, but there's alot of features, and that's kinda scary. I'll take any and all advice. Thanks a million.
    First off welcome... there are some extremely knowledgeable people here... this is where I have learned everything pertaining to my Storm... great info and great people.

Second... take your time, it will take a good month or so to truly get the hang of it.

Third... have fun with it, it's a great phone and it's even better with all the info you find here.

As far as the first app?... well I would probably agree with QuickPull.
    08-15-09 10:22 AM
    Thanks QuickPull and QuickLaunch both seem to be a great starting point. I'm on it!!!...lol
    08-15-09 10:26 AM
    Just to throw in my $0.02:

Opera Mini 4.2 will be of a great help if you like to browse the internet on your phone. It renders much faster than the native blackberry browser, and doesn't use the surepress [the click] which sometimes makes it easier. This is by far my most used app.
    08-15-09 10:27 AM
    Just to throw in my $0.02:

Opera Mini 4.2 will be of a great help if you like to browse the internet on your phone. It renders much faster than the native blackberry browser, and doesn't use the surepress [the click] which sometimes makes it easier. This is by far my most used app.

Thanks....I think I will do alot of browsing. I'm surprised you're talking to me, with you being from Michigan...lol
    08-15-09 10:48 AM
    Thanks....I think I will do alot of browsing. I'm surprised you're talking to me, with you being from Michigan...lol
    I'm an Ohio State/Michigan State fan, i say **** Michigan!

hahaha
    08-15-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD