I just got my blackberry storm and am so frustrated that I want to take it back already and go back to my old phone which had no bells and whistle- please tell me it will get better. I have emailed myself ringtones but have no clue how to get them on my phone-- UGH
    10-27-09 09:34 PM
    give it a few days - it takes getting used to if you've never had a BB before

but I bet you'll love it!
    10-27-09 09:37 PM
    Well what OS are u running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 09:38 PM
    First, go through and explore the phone (and the 3rd party apps section here) and you'll find so much stuff that you wont even be worried about custom ringtones. But I bet once you start messing with and understanding your Storm you'll figure out how to do it..

Oh btw I have no clue how to get custom ringtones sorry
    10-27-09 09:50 PM
    OP. There is a learning curve. Done give up on it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 10:03 PM
    Hold off on the ringtones. If you are getting fustrated with the phone, just play with the standard features and learn the phone. Then when you move on to ringtones --> e-mail them or MMS them to your phone and when you reicive the message you need to click it and save it as a ringtone. if it doesn't give you that option then save it as a voice note --> then you need to go to your voice notes and highlight it -> click the berry and select set as ringtone.
    10-27-09 10:04 PM
    you can always pull the memory card, plug it in your computer, load up your music and ringtones, and then put it back in the phone. That's how I did it, worked just fine for me.
    10-27-09 10:21 PM
    ...and yes, it will get better.
    10-27-09 10:22 PM
    it'll get better! it takes forever to get the hang of, and after a few weeks you'll be in loooooove. everyone here at crackberry is fabulous, and this site helps SOOO much.
    10-27-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD