I got my Storm at launch and overall am very happy with it. It's my first BB after a long line of WinMo PDAs and smartphones and now I wonder what took me so long to change

There has been a learning curve, but I've figured out how to do pretty much everything I need/want, with one glaring exception... I really miss a synched documents folder on my computer that will automatically sync to my Storm

I find myself working on projects for work in the middle of the night when I'm up with my infant son and I want to be able to put those docs in a folder on my computer that will sync those docs to my Storm the next time I connect.

I haven't found this capability in the manual (truth be told, I haven't read it all, but I've scanned the sections where a feature like this would seem to be located if it existed), nor have I discovered it through use.

Any solutions for this? And sorry if this is a dumb question... like I said, I'm new to BB and am still learning the ropes.

thanks!
    01-14-09 08:24 AM
    If I am correct, and as you said, there isn't a option for that folder.

The only way to do that is to connect you BB to your PC and manually copy and paste from the SIMCard/Memory Device to your PC and vice versa.

Or a quicker option could be to email it to yourself...
    01-14-09 09:31 AM
    What about the synchronize option? You can use the data folder option to keep it synchronized. That doesn't work? Not sure if this is what you needed it.
    01-14-09 09:40 AM
    I too came from WM and haven't found a way of auto-syncing a certain folder, like the one that Active Sync put on your desktop. To get around this, I've made a folder on my desktop and named it "Stuff I need to put on my BB" lol long I know but you get the point. The next time I connect I open that folder and either device mem or storage mem from the blackberry and transfer it manually.
    01-14-09 09:40 AM
    What about the synchronize option? You can use the data folder option to keep it synchronized. That doesn't work? Not sure if this is what you needed it.
    I started looking into this, but i'm not sure its what the OP or I are looking for. With WM, the program that connected you to your PC was called Active-Sync. It put a folder on your desktop, you could drop just about anything in that folder and the next time you connected it would sync it to your device automatically. I'm going to have to look at the syncronization option some more. I don't quite fully understand yet how it works or what it syncs, so I'm off to do some reading.
    01-14-09 09:48 AM
    Shoot, I was hoping I was just missing something. I used the folder to ensure I always had my most current revisions at home, work and on my handheld. And it was mindless, which is important to me right now, since I don't always have much of my mind with me at 3 AM

I'm surprised BB doesn't have something like this. It's a really useful tool and much more convenient than having to do it manually.

I, too, am going to need to delve into the synchronization options more to figure out something that will work for me.

Thank you!
    01-14-09 11:30 AM
    Let me know if you find anything - crazy that this feature does not exist!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD