G'day all.

Please be gentle. This is my first post here.

I am a new owner of a storm 9500 on the vodafone network in australia.
    This is my first BB and I am very impressed with it so far,
    but wouldn't mind a bit of help if someone could oblige.

The device is pretty much straight out of the box, and the only things I've done
    to it are upgrade the OS to .148, add crackberry app store and quickpull pro, and sync my
    contacts with MS outlook.

When I reboot my memory is at 35 consistent but seems to drop
    to mid 20's after a couple of hours.
    Is this normal??
    Also, as a novice, any other recommends for easy improvements to my storm?
    I am about to try the torx screen fix as it doesn't click in the corner, but other than
    That am open to suggestions.........thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:53 PM
    WELCOME TO CRACKBERRY!!! Yes this is pretty much normal, my storm is the same way. I recommend doing battery pulls often to keep memory high. Also I did the torn fix on my storm and turned out well. Btw please use the search function next time. Search function = my best friend for solving storm problems

07-28-09 09:02 PM
    Memory is over-rated, unless your new storm is acting real slow, don't pay it much attention. I regularly make it a week before I need to perform a batt pull (or use quickpull), only depends on what I'm doing during the time. My meager advice, don't get caught up in constantly checking how much memory ya have. If things start running slow... Bath pull. Otherwise, don't worry about it

07-28-09 09:11 PM
    Thanx for the replies guys.

Maybe I am worrying too much about nothing. I just seem to spend a lot of time watching the little clock
    In the middle of my screen and seem to have a fair bit of lag when trying to do stuff.

Re the search facility, I have spent the last few weeks reading as much as I can on here, and it gets a bit
    confusing, and bewildering if you dot know a lot about the BB way of life.
    I got to the point where I was full and forgetting more than I was learning.

Point taken tho, and I really do appreciate the help from all on this site. ita a great place to learn!

07-28-09 09:39 PM
    Another quick tip if you are experiencing a lot of lag is to make sure you are closing out of apps properly. Make sure you are using the close or exit function to exit out of an application or you will leave it running in the background, taking up memory.

And I know there is a lot of info to absorb here, you'll likely experience a few overloads. Feel free to PM me or try the link in my sig if you have a problem and get overwhelmed. Always happy to help.

Welcome to CB!
    07-28-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD