Anyone know if there are new/different battery doors available for the Storm? I've googled the crap out of it and all I find is replacements for the standard door.

I don't like this metal door that comes with the Storm. It's slippery, cold, heavy, and doesn't match the color of the black rubber surrounding it. I want a nice rubberized door.
    12-23-08 08:42 PM
    it needs to be strong in order to deal with all the clicking, thus the reason they used metal
    12-23-08 08:45 PM
    I haven't seen anything like that i'm sur ein the future they will make something like that but as of now all I've seen is metal and what kind of battery cover are you talking about like on the bold?
    12-23-08 08:47 PM
    It's used for something else as well. If you look close there's (3) spring loaded prongs/connectors (brass) that are pressed down as the cover closes. Don't know if it's used as some kind of antenna or if those prongs are simply the spring loaded popup for the cover (seems too integrated to be just that).
    12-23-08 08:48 PM
    it needs to be strong in order to deal with all the clicking, thus the reason they used metal
    That makes sense. But you'd think they could make a metal one with a different outer finish. I'll keep my eyes open, I'm sure something will pop up in the future. Just wanted to know if anyone else has seen one. Thanks.
    12-23-08 09:00 PM
    check out the COVEROOS on the crackberry homepage.
    Not available for the storm yet, but it's in the works...
    12-23-08 09:01 PM
    really? actually mine clicks just as well w out the backing on it at all. took the battery out (of course it didnt work, well it did one time randomly when it was still plugged into the wall, ahha), and it still clicked just as well. maybe from long time use that might be the case?
    12-23-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD