Hi just got my 9530 but having some problems. I am with Bell and with my HTC touch(old phone) it dialed #777 to get on the internet. With this one I dont know what to do. I looked at all the fourms and tried the routing table and got nothing. Please if anyone could help.
    05-24-09 04:17 PM
    Do you have the BB data plan?
    05-24-09 04:19 PM
    I have had a data plan on my old one when I wanted the internet it dialed #777. For black berry I just changed the phone. Changed it from HTC to Storm. I need a black berry data plan? becasue I have a Data plan already.
    05-24-09 04:23 PM
    Yes you will need a BB Data plan after getting this you will get your service books...lemme ask you this do you see a browser Icon on your phone and if you did what happen when you click it????
    05-24-09 04:25 PM
    It took me to the Brower main page but said that I need to call to configure it.
    05-24-09 04:29 PM
    So what is the difference bettween the bb data plan and my existing data plan?
    05-24-09 04:30 PM
    You will need to call your carrier and get the BB Data plan...
    05-24-09 04:30 PM
    BB Data Plans are for BB only they go through BIS or BES like web and email......your other phone's data plan just fed you a data connection.
    05-24-09 04:31 PM
    RIM services are sent through your carrier's network, but they're hosted on the RIM servers. so things like browser, email, I.M. apps, etc...they all use RIM data. your network is the middle man between the servers and your phone.

also the BB data plan confirms what services you are provisioned with, so when you send service books, RIM will check with your carrier what you are provisioned for, and send the appropriate service books.
    05-24-09 04:37 PM
    So there is no other way to get internet the old way. .......... Now I need a new phone again.

thanks for the help
    05-24-09 05:05 PM
    So there is no other way to get internet the old way. .......... Now I need a new phone again.

thanks for the help
    When you got the Storm from Bell, they should have told you that your old data plan would not work. It's always been like this. Even when I was on Fido long ago, I bought an unlocked 8700 and had to ask them for a BB data plan. Strange that Bell didn't figure this much out.
    05-24-09 05:09 PM
    depends on what kinda data plan u have some carriers u can just add a bkb feature to the data plan u already have
    05-24-09 05:10 PM
    Hi just got my 9530 but having some problems. I am with Bell and with my HTC touch(old phone) it dialed #777 to get on the internet. With this one I dont know what to do. I looked at all the fourms and tried the routing table and got nothing. Please if anyone could help.
    Dop you have a data plan? because you need one to access the internet. if you do have the data plan and if you have rrgistered the device there should be a browser icon that is on your home screen. to register go to options> advanced options> Host Routing Table>press BB button and select register now.
    05-24-09 06:00 PM
    question for bell users:

can you even have a blackberry active on your account WITHOUT a BB data plan? on VZW there is a system limitation preventing from activating without having a BB data plan. as an employee when i did an equipment upgrade or ESN swap, the system would auto-provision the BB data features accordingly. is this not a carrier restriction with BELL?
    05-24-09 06:08 PM
    question for bell users:

can you even have a blackberry active on your account WITHOUT a BB data plan? on VZW there is a system limitation preventing from activating without having a BB data plan. as an employee when i did an equipment upgrade or ESN swap, the system would auto-provision the BB data features accordingly. is this not a carrier restriction with BELL?
    I know that you can have a BB on AT&T's system without having a data plan (it works just like a regular phone (no internet access or email)) Seems like VZW is forcing people to have a data plan whether they want it or not by having the system automatically add the data plan when you upgrade.
    05-25-09 09:35 AM
    I know that you can have a BB on AT&T's system without having a data plan (it works just like a regular phone (no internet access or email)) Seems like VZW is forcing people to have a data plan whether they want it or not by having the system automatically add the data plan when you upgrade.
    Thats just the way it is, theres no getting around not having a data plan on Verizon when you have a smartphone. Dont worry, the day will come when all carriers will do the same. Enjoy your crippled, no data BB while you can.
    05-25-09 09:41 AM
    I know this is true on Rogers because my sister in law has a Pearl and never signed up for a bb data plan. She uses it as a phone.
    05-25-09 10:04 AM
    you have to the bb data plan, and you must register your bb to the network, to do so go to your options>houst routing table>go to the higlighted number and hit the bb button and register your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 10:21 AM
    My question still stands. We're talking about bell, people!

Does BELL require a data plan for blackberries?

Most carriers require one. Not just VZW. They're just the largest carrier to require one.

05-25-09 12:40 PM
    My question still stands. We're talking about bell, people!

Does BELL require a data plan for blackberries?

Most carriers require one. Not just VZW. They're just the largest carrier to require one.

Not sure about Bell, but I know Rogers or Fido you can get away with out it.
    05-25-09 12:43 PM
    I have a bb with no data plan on BEll.
    05-25-09 03:43 PM
    I have a bb with no data plan on BEll.
    I'm sure then that the Canadian carriers are all the same.
    05-25-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD