Is this a possibility on Blackberries? This would be cool but I know it would be kind of hard to play on a touch screen.
    12-22-08 01:04 PM
    yeah I'm hoping that this becomes a reality...I have some emulators on my PC and they hardly take up any space at all..hopefully we'll see some in the near future.
    12-22-08 01:05 PM
    From all the searching i have done, it is possible... but the FPS is so low on the phones that it basicly made it unplayable.

Now from what i have been reading.. the storm has capabilities that are pretty crazy. but it is a touch screen so i don't exactly know how controls would work...
    12-22-08 01:18 PM
    I would love an emulator. It wasn't bad playing Mario on the iphone or my friends WMO. I wonder how hard it is to make

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 01:19 PM
    They have this for iPhone/iPod touch, so it is definately doable on the storm.

The controls are easy. On the bottom of the screen there is a picture of a Nintendo controller, and you just press the button on the onscreen controller.

Might be a little more tricky with sure-press.
    12-22-08 01:20 PM
    I had it on a Q9c, and it played flawlessly!
    12-22-08 01:25 PM
    I'm wondering how it would work. How would you jump a gap in mario if you are holding the screen down to run to the right and then have to click it again to jump. You'd lose running momentum!
    12-22-08 01:43 PM
    I wouldnt mind having Mike Tysons Punch Out!!
    12-22-08 01:45 PM
    So it is possible then. I really hope someone can get this on our phone. I guess to play on this phone they would have to make it so that it reacts to only the touch and not the touch and click or else I don't think it would be very fun to play.
    12-22-08 01:46 PM
    If you can play Metal Gear and Brothers in Arms on the LG Voyager, i would think the Storm could handle NES games. LOL.
    12-22-08 11:39 PM
    i believe they had this for the curve/pearl but it was very laggy
    12-23-08 12:00 AM
    If you can play Metal Gear and Brothers in Arms on the LG Voyager, i would think the Storm could handle NES games. LOL.
    It's really not that simple. Emulating the software and hardware of another system is much more resource intensive then running a native app. Imagine eating an Oreo... And then eating a steak. Sure, the steak is better, but it would be reaaaaaaly hard for it to taste like an Oreo.

Wow, that was such a stretch/bad example.
    12-23-08 02:44 PM
    some old school zelda shouldnt be hard to get going

man id pay a stiff fee for some of those games lol
    12-23-08 02:55 PM
    Pong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-23-08 02:57 PM
    It would be cool if Nintendo did a Virtual Console type thing for the Storm just like they have on the Wii but since we know that ain't happening some better hurry up and make a compatible SNEX9 version for the Storm.
    12-23-08 04:47 PM
    They have this for iPhone/iPod touch, so it is definately doable on the storm.

The controls are easy. On the bottom of the screen there is a picture of a Nintendo controller, and you just press the button on the onscreen controller.

Might be a little more tricky with sure-press.
    You could rig it so that all you'd have to do is touch the "buttons" on the screen without having to actually press down on the screen itself.
    12-23-08 04:52 PM
    If this ever does come out, I wonder how much more the battery-pull threads will increase by.
    12-23-08 04:55 PM
    I'd bet ten-fold, though I'd rather have a GBC/GBA or PS1 emulator rather than SNES/NES
    12-23-08 05:07 PM
    That would be cool but I don't think thats going to happen because as it is my PSP has trouble running those emulators, but it has been a while since I last updated them so they might be better now. Still though I think the Storm would have trouble running them.
    12-23-08 05:20 PM
    .....maybe develop a controller that plugs into the usb....? Just throwing it out there.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 06:16 PM
    I'm reviving this old thread because...well, I REALLY want an emulator.

As for having trouble running SNES/NES, my Moto Q does it just fine, I'm sure the Storm will as well.

As for a controller scheme, that's not hard either--you just put buttons on the touch screen. It wouldn't work all that well for action games like Street Fighter, but I could play Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger no problem.

So, has anyone had any luck yet?
    12-29-08 03:08 PM
    I could SERIOUSLY kill some Duck Hunt!!!
    12-29-08 03:12 PM
    I'd easily go for Great Rocket Invades! (a JPN import) on a GBA emulator
    12-29-08 03:15 PM
    We should start a petition on here to get the devs working on it
    12-29-08 03:18 PM
    I'm wondering how it would work. How would you jump a gap in mario if you are holding the screen down to run to the right and then have to click it again to jump. You'd lose running momentum!
    If they can do it on the iPhone then I am sure they can do it on this phone. Besides how hard would it be to program it so the run button and the jump button are the same!! What I mean by that is hold the directional button that you want to run down and use the screen click when you want him to jump. I can not wait for this to become a reality!! i have said this before I would be willing to pay for this program. so we will see.....
    12-29-08 03:19 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD