Storm Screen Going Black When Rotated to Landscape

Has anyone had this problem? Both my wife and I are "Stormers" and love our phones. Had them now about 6 mo. Gone tru the OS Upgrade (v4.7.0.148, love it). Just recently have had to do hard resets (batt pulls) on my wife's phone cause its acting up (averaging 1-2 pulls a day now). When she turns it from vert to landscape the screen goes black all except the top line (signal, batt charge, etc). Then if we turn it back to vert it has everything (wallpaper and everything else) normal. Ideas, suggestions, etc...would be appreciated fellow Stormers? SHould I just give up and take this phone back to Verizon? Thanks ahead of time (BTW - We are not techno newbies, been Mac since 83, and cell phone users since the "brick" days)

Hawk

....also, while I'm at it...her phone, just sitting sometimes (and often two or more time a day) goes to completely white screen (blank) and then shows the little clock in the middle, like its trying to auto upgrade, or security update or something, and resets itself.....related.....separate issue or what? Ideas?

Sorry for the double post, but I'm not getting any responses.
    08-11-09 02:51 PM
    Are you running any custom themes?
    08-11-09 03:02 PM
    No Paul, We are not running any third party from net or custom themes.

Hawk
    08-11-09 03:10 PM
    might have to reload the os. You might even consider 4.7.0.151. Its not an official from verizon but it is Official from Iusacell out of mexico. Its the best OS out there to date.
    08-11-09 03:14 PM
    Sent you a PM.....

Thanks, Hawk

Any other thoughts? I really do not want to have to jump tru the hoops at Verizon to get this corrected......
    08-11-09 03:39 PM
    Hello....Any other thoughts? I really do not want to have to jump tru the hoops at Verizon to get this corrected......

I'm also asking on the Board at Blackberry for input?

Hawk
    08-11-09 05:01 PM
    Are you wearing sunglasses when you do this? If you lenses are polarized this will happen.
    08-11-09 06:09 PM
    Are you wearing sunglasses when you do this? If you lenses are polarized this will happen.
    HUH????
    08-11-09 06:23 PM
    HUH????
    Don't worry Paul, it's just Hawkins........

Semper Fi!

p.s. - Sent PM.
    Last edited by Redhawk; 08-11-09 at 06:43 PM.
    08-11-09 06:35 PM
    If you are wearing polarized lenses it affects your viewing of the screen.

Polarized lenses will block the glare from other reflective surfaces, including your Blackberry screen, by blacking it out at certain angles, like horizontal.

And hey, you did say suggestions, ideas would be appreciated......

Grrrr..... <---- I would do the emoticon for that but I don't know what it is....
    Last edited by Hawkins; 08-11-09 at 07:00 PM.
    08-11-09 06:45 PM
    Hawkins,

Yes I did say "And hey, you did say suggestions, ideas would be appreciated...",
    and I stand corrected. Thank you for the suggestion, but I do not tend to wear Polarized sunglasses indoors, so it was not the problem. But, thanks anyway.
    One of the men on the Blackberry Community Board worked with me for a while and we finally found the solution, yesterday. My wife's phone has not had one glitch since yesterday, 24 hours now! We are relieved.

Hawk
    08-12-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD