well to make a long story short I went to Glamis and got in an accident and ended up flipping the vehicle over I was driving a few times. Had to go to the hospital yada yada. Anyways my phones screen is cracked and it spiders down to the rest of the phone. So I have insurance, do I just go to Verizon and tell them I need a new phone and I have insurance? Thanks guys and gals
    04-27-09 01:58 AM
    You need to file a claim with Asurion for the damage. You can do it straight from the Asurion website.

Welcome Verizon Wireless Customers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 02:08 AM
    or you can call 1 (888) 881-2622

hop you're not as cracked as your screen. sorry to hear about the accident
    04-27-09 02:17 AM
    But you can't make an auto claim with asurion. Call your auto insurance company.lol.
    All kidding aside, glad to see you came out all right. Good luck with the claim.
    04-27-09 06:28 AM
    You maybe able to claim the phone on your auto insurance that would give you a NEW phone not an assurion refurb......imo
    04-27-09 06:54 AM
    It should be covered by you car insurance as incidentals. That is assuming you have full coverage.

04-27-09 06:58 AM
    Ha thanks guys I'll have to check them both out and see whats going on.
    04-27-09 11:40 AM
    Yikes, were you hurt?
    04-27-09 11:42 AM
    Yes from what I understand this should be covered under auto insurance as long as you have full coverage.

04-27-09 11:43 AM
    Yeah man you can just call and any tech can transfer you or get that started for ya. Hope all is well man. i dont think you can claim it under your car insurance tho, as you didnt state it to them when you got your car insurance. you can always try tho.
    04-27-09 11:44 AM
    go to Asurion website and file a claim pay the 50 dollars online and you will get your phone in 1 to 2 days then send your phone back. Wam Bam thank you mam easy as pie.
    04-27-09 12:05 PM
    You maybe able to claim the phone on your auto insurance that would give you a NEW phone not an assurion refurb......imo
    I had one stolen and replaced by Assurion and did not receive a Refurb. I got a brand new phone made in Hungary by some of my relatives. If you have a real insurance company they won't pay for anything insured by someone else.

George
    04-27-09 12:16 PM
    Do not know how to answer this question, but i am glad you walked away and are safe, your life no matter what happens is worth more then the storm ( i know it is a tough call right ) lol
    04-27-09 12:41 PM
    Do not know how to answer this question, but i am glad you walked away and are safe, your life no matter what happens is worth more then the storm ( i know it is a tough call right ) lol
    Ha, it was a tough call if my girlfriend didn't have my phone in her pocket we would have been stranded out there for quite some time before any help arrived.

And thanks everyone, were good now. She suffered a laceration on her scalp, but nothing stitches couldn't fix and I may need surgery since I tore my ACL in my knee.
    04-27-09 12:47 PM
    Assurion replaces with brand new boxed units. Not Refurbs.

04-27-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD