hello fellas my name is dan and im a 1st timer with a BB. so please be nice. haha.

here is a little history on my past i came from T-Mobile using the side kick lx. i like it due to the fact it had aim text internet etc..... but in my area cell service sucked very bad. i got tired of it and when the BB storm came out i said ''like everyone else'' i must have that.

so i went to verizon and they where sold out. so in the mean time i bought the LG voyager. i actually grow to love that phone. and when i was called to come exchange it for the storm i almost did not bother. but i went and did it.

well im pulling my hair out here. i have a few questions id like answered or to get some help on.

1. the internet. i can get to the browser part and type in the link im trying to goto but how to i get it to go. the help key sys to hit the enter key but i beleave i pushed every button on this thing and i cant seem to get it to work.

2. on my voyager i had a section where i could record sounds and such. i could save them on my phone and then set them as ring tones or text alerts and so on. it was great because i dident have to go download what i wanted and i could make them exactly how i wanted. my question here is does this black berry storm have that record sounds feature where i could do this.

thats all for now. im sure as i play with it ''the BB STORM'' ill have more questions. thanks again for your help
    12-21-08 10:53 AM
    The enter key does activate the navigation for your internet. It is the 90 degree arrow that points to the left. (bottom right of both keyboards)

In the media player there is an option for voice notes. I have not tried it myself but I would assume that is where you would go to record sounds and what not for ringtones.
    12-21-08 11:00 AM
    Stick with the Storm and stick with Crackberry forums...

Read, read, read...these will not be your only two concerns.
    12-21-08 11:04 AM
    Keep in mind you can make your own ringtones on the pc then hook your storm up via usb and transfer them to the storm or storm sd card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 11:09 AM
    finally. haha yes its working now.

now ill try the voice record option. thanks

ill try to stick to the storm. its deffinently a big step up from what i am used to.
    12-21-08 11:11 AM
    voice record option is under media, far right hand corner on media player as soon as you open that it gives you the option to record
    12-21-08 11:14 AM
    Keep in mind you can make your own ringtones on the pc then hook your storm up via usb and transfer them to the storm or storm sd card

o wow really? so i can actually pull it right off the computer rather then a recording. thanks. im gonna have to figure this out. you guys are fast and helpful. thanks alot for taking care of the newbie. hehe
    12-21-08 11:17 AM
    finally. haha yes its working now.

now ill try the voice record option. thanks

ill try to stick to the storm. its deffinently a big step up from what i am used to.
    I'm glad you got everything working. In regards to the Storm, it's a great device. Theres still a few problems with the software, but those are in the process of getting fixed. Welcome to CB and be sure to check out the TIPS & TRICKS thread. It will help out tremendously. Again, welcome.
    12-21-08 11:20 AM

again thanks. just one question. when i plug the phone into the laptop does it explain how to upload and such to your phone?

is this in the instruction book?
    12-21-08 11:20 AM
    thanks. yes it is a fun phone and i am experiencing the lag issues and delays. i did here there is a fix coming out for it so i can live with it for now.

and thanks for the link on tips.
    12-21-08 11:30 AM
    just came up with a new question. my voyager and a few other phones i had had an option in the text messaging for a signature. this was a little feature that was always sent at the end of every text.

example.

hello steve want to
    hang out today and
    get some food?

evodan

the evodan is the signature of the message. i dug as deep as i could on the BB storm here but i cant find that option. so i figured i would ask if we had one. thanks again guys.
    12-22-08 07:18 AM
    bump for above post reply
    12-22-08 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD