Ok everyone,

I posted a thread last week asking if anyone wanted to trade my Storm for a Tour. I'm glad I made everyone's day by giving everyone a laugh and to the Moderators out there, don't delete this just yet because I'm not asking for a trade or anything like that. Just advice. If any of the following is incorrect just let me know so I can better understand this.

So the Storm was ok when I first got it about 6 to 8 months ago. Not sure what the OS number was that I was running but now I'm on the current Verizon released OS 4.7.0.148. I just left the Verizon store because my phone has been really buggy since I downloaded the software and I wanted an answer on what to do. The Verizon rep immediately knew what the issue was and offered me a replacement...little to my knowledge it was a NEW Storm replacement. I've replaced phones in the past and got refurbs delivered via FedEx but a NEW one??? What gives?

I've read a lot of forums on this site and have learned that I'm not the only one with this issue. Even Boygenius.com has reported that 35-50% of all Storms have been returned due to software issues. So here we have a phone that is maybe a year old, the current OS is crap, and yet Verizon is releasing the Storm 2 soon. Why is this? I don't think I've ever seen such a quick turn around with a phone such as this.

So my question to the rep was "Aren't I going to have the same issues with this one if it's the OS?". Her response was "probably...". Why is Verizon putting me through hell? Why not give the customer the option on what they want to do? It should be either:

A. Transfer customers to the BB Tour as a replacement.

or

B. Have the customer wait until the Storm 2 comes out.

Plain and simple I'm less than optimistic that this Storm is going to be any better. I don't know if I'm screwed because they gave me a new phone and not a refurbished one, and basically I'd rather have a Tour and have no issues than have a Storm WITH issues. Does anyone agree? Is there anyone out there who can help me and give solid advice on what I can do other than saying "you're stuck with it".

Thanks guys in advance.
    09-12-09 11:08 AM
    Well, it's hard to offer you the good solid help you are asking for. I don't know what problems you were having with the Storm that had you take it back to Verizon, and can't say if your brand new replacement phone will have the same or different problems. Have you encountered the same problems with the brand new phone that you were having on the previous one?

I think the bottom line question you are asking for solid help on is that you want to get rid of this brand new replacement storm and get a Tour instead, and you are looking for advice on how to do that. I assume you are also looking for a way to get the Tour as a swap, or at a minimal cost. That will be difficult to pull off.

I thiknk you should give the new phone a chance. You said the old one was ok when you first got it. Maybe this one is ok also.

I upgraded to the 4.7.0.167 OS, and it may be just the fun of a new OS, but I seem to be able to type bettter and more accurately with it. (It could also be typing more on the storm than before, so I am getting better in an OS-independent way)
    09-12-09 11:25 AM
    I never had problems with 148 Os but I went through the tips and tricks page on here and learned all the stuff to make the phone faster and how to manage the memory and had quickpull scheduled for once a day and never had to do battery pulls or anything.just for fun and trial through 167 on and its petty stable just can't change theme .I have had a storm since Jan and none of the problems I see everyone on here having except for the memory leak and that might be weatherbug by the sounds of things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 11:52 AM
    Yeah, the screen keeps freezing, i have to do at least 2 to 3 battery pulls a day, and especially when I'm typing the letters stay highlited blue and I have to do a battery pull then text the person AGAIN or write the email....again. It's mega frustrating. I keep reading how people on Crackberry keep returning their Storms and Verizon just hands them Tours. I just wanted to know if I can just say to them "Hey, I wanted to know if you guys would substitute this for the Tour or not...". Any Verizon tech support workers out there that can fill me in on what I can do? I don't want to have to keep getting Storm after Storm after Storm if I keep running into the same issues with it...
    09-12-09 05:45 PM
    The only way you're going to be able to switch devices is if you return the storm (for acceptable reasons) say 3 times in 90 days. Then you will be given the option to switch devices.
    09-12-09 05:57 PM
    The weird thing about the "software glitches" is that supposedly IDENTICAL hardware, and IDENTICAL software, will run differently on some Storms.

So, your new hardware may in fact run better, even though you supposedly have a "software issue".

Try 4.7.0.151 and see if that helps. Some streaming apps give this build fits, but themes do work, and the OS itself is rock solid.

Also, go into Screen and Keyboard settings under Options and tweak some stuff there to see if you can get your screen working better. Mine's great, but it took a few settings changes to get it "just right" for me.
    09-12-09 06:16 PM
    Ok everyone,

I posted a thread last week asking if anyone wanted to trade my Storm for a Tour. I'm glad I made everyone's day by giving everyone a laugh and to the Moderators out there, don't delete this just yet because I'm not asking for a trade or anything like that. Just advice. If any of the following is incorrect just let me know so I can better understand this.

So the Storm was ok when I first got it about 6 to 8 months ago. Not sure what the OS number was that I was running but now I'm on the current Verizon released OS 4.7.0.148. I just left the Verizon store because my phone has been really buggy since I downloaded the software and I wanted an answer on what to do. The Verizon rep immediately knew what the issue was and offered me a replacement...little to my knowledge it was a NEW Storm replacement. I've replaced phones in the past and got refurbs delivered via FedEx but a NEW one??? What gives?

I've read a lot of forums on this site and have learned that I'm not the only one with this issue. Even Boygenius.com has reported that 35-50% of all Storms have been returned due to software issues. So here we have a phone that is maybe a year old, the current OS is crap, and yet Verizon is releasing the Storm 2 soon. Why is this? I don't think I've ever seen such a quick turn around with a phone such as this.

So my question to the rep was "Aren't I going to have the same issues with this one if it's the OS?". Her response was "probably...". Why is Verizon putting me through hell? Why not give the customer the option on what they want to do? It should be either:

A. Transfer customers to the BB Tour as a replacement.

or

B. Have the customer wait until the Storm 2 comes out.

Plain and simple I'm less than optimistic that this Storm is going to be any better. I don't know if I'm screwed because they gave me a new phone and not a refurbished one, and basically I'd rather have a Tour and have no issues than have a Storm WITH issues. Does anyone agree? Is there anyone out there who can help me and give solid advice on what I can do other than saying "you're stuck with it".

Thanks guys in advance.
    Uh lets see here, iToy, Itoy3G, and iToy3GS all came out within a year of eachother. I believe the auto industries does this as well, so do sports videogames, etc. There will always be a new/updated model.

I understand that there were some faulty devices with hardware issues but the majority of issues are people not knowing anything about their device or how to remedy them. The majority of issues are really operator error.

If you are having issues with your device, your first stop should be here and if we cant figure it out and cant get it working then big red is your next step. .148 wasnt awesome but was a huge upgrade over .75. You need to have better troubleshooting techniques before running to VZW, unless you are just trying to scam your way to a tour
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 09-12-09 at 06:38 PM.
    09-12-09 06:36 PM
    The only way you're going to be able to switch devices is if you return the storm (for acceptable reasons) say 3 times in 90 days. Then you will be given the option to switch devices.

amavit,

My question is will I still be able to do this even after they gave me a new phone? I know about the "three" rule but I know this usually only works with refurbished phones. Will this work if they keep giving me new phones? Also, with giving me a new phone does this effect my contract in any way? They gave me a slip but didn't make me sign anything either so...

I know i'm asking alot of questions but I just don't want to get screwed with my contract and be stuck with this phone for another 2 years you know?

Thanks,

brilor04
    09-12-09 07:10 PM
    sounds to me like another person that should of never got the storm in the first place. Im pretty sure if you let us we can make your storm better but somehow I dont believe you will be willing to put any time or effort into making it better because you have already made up mind that the storm is crap. Even if you get the tour you will see that it has its own share of problems.
    09-12-09 07:15 PM
    Yeah, the screen keeps freezing, i have to do at least 2 to 3 battery pulls a day, and especially when I'm typing the letters stay highlited blue and I have to do a battery pull then text the person AGAIN or write the email....again. It's mega frustrating. ...
    Do you have any third party software installed? If so have you tried to see if any of these are causing you problem. As a good example I installed a program today, and it brought my Storm to a stand still. Did what was the best, deleted the program.
    09-12-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD