Hi, Everyone i'm new at the posting thing but, been in the forum for a year now

After i was done cleaning the screen on my phone, it shut off and went into safe mode. When i hit the reset bottom a couple of times it didnt respond. So i did a battery pull, then when it restarted the screen would just turn off

But it would turn off after it loads the media card So, now i took out the media card and it did the same thing except this time the screen came back on but none of the buttons are responding.

Can anyone please give me some insight on if i did anything to cause this???
    05-02-09 11:37 PM
    How did you clean the screen? Please tell me you didn't spray windex on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 11:55 PM
    I used a sponged, wipe it once then dried it wit a towel.
    05-03-09 12:10 AM
    You didn't get water under the screen.....did you?
    05-03-09 12:18 AM
    Uh-oh.... I have a feeling rocawarde might have...
    05-03-09 12:22 AM
    I hope you have insurance...
    for future references a mircofiber cleaning cloth usually does the job.
    05-03-09 12:24 AM
    Ummm, idk if i did get water under the screen. But if its just water when it dries wouldnt the thing go back to normal?
    05-03-09 12:27 AM
    Ummm, idk if i did get water under the screen. But if its just water when it dries wouldnt the thing go back to normal?
    No, it would be shorted...
    05-03-09 12:30 AM
    yeah you definitely got moisture under the screen....take the battery out and either let the phone sit for 2 days or so, or take a blowdryer to it, but make sure the air is only lukewarm and not scorching hot........you might get luck and it will start working again, but probably only about a 25% chance...next time use a microfiber cloth and maybe just a breath.....that's all the moisture you need. alcohol wipes work as well, since the alcohol evaporates very quickly...
    05-03-09 12:31 AM
    Thank u guys, i must hav really mess it up

My poor phone
    05-03-09 12:33 AM
    Best thing apparently is rice...submerge it in that for a few days, as taken apart as you can

05-03-09 01:34 AM
    If there are no signs of water whatsoever, you may be able to convince Verizon to just replace it for you. Just tell them that your Storm started acting like that all of a sudden.

05-03-09 01:50 AM
    I had the same problem. I cleaned my screen with a sponge, but it had barely any water on it. My phone lost a lot of sensitivity on it for a few hours, and I went into a mini-breakdown :P
    just leave it to dry for a few hours and it will be working fine
    05-03-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD